Author Topic: Kymco Super 8 2t and Tecnigas Triops  (Read 1563 times)

Gatorballs

• View Profile
Kymco Super 8 2t and Tecnigas Triops
« on: May 30, 2014, 04:41:54 AM »
I'm looking at the tecnigas triops. Racing planet says it is compatible and a good exhaust..  Anybody got any thought on whether this would be a good choice.  I also want something that will go well with a 70 bbk that I plan on doing at a later date.

Thanks
Greg

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Super 8 2t and Tecnigas Triops
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:40:33 AM »
http://www.tuningmatters.com/news/news-review-new-exhausts-tecnigas-triops-racing-tecnigas-q-tre-sport-and-dam-sport-endy-endy/

This might help some. Tech. has always made quality pipes. They were the first brand I bought, and I actually still have one that is about 7 years old, and looks as good as the day I bought it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Gatorballs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 11:02:50 AM »
http://www.tuningmatters.com/news/news-review-new-exhausts-tecnigas-triops-racing-tecnigas-q-tre-sport-and-dam-sport-endy-endy/

This might help some. Tech. has always made quality pipes. They were the first brand I bought, and I actually still have one that is about 7 years old, and looks as good as the day I bought it.

I see I got the pleasure of being your 10,000 post on this forum.  As far as the pipe,  on some forums people have said it is as good or better than the Stage6 Pro or Yasuni R.  And some saying it is on par with a Yasuni C16.  Wish I could find some Dyno test or direct comparision results to some of the other pipes like the one they had in tunningmatters. The Ultimate Scooter Tuning Exhaust Test (70cc Sport) http://www.tuningmatters.com/reviews/exhausts/scooter-tuning-exhaust-test/.  They have dyno tests and charts.  Anyway might take a chance on it as it appears to work well with tuned 50cc and also a 70cc kit.

Greg

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 07:36:19 PM »
WoooHoooo!!! 10g's baby. Do I get that frigging "T" shirt now?

I went thru about 6-7 months of researching before I bought the Scorpion Pipe. I understand how you feel.

Technigas has always been a good pipe, and apparently they are getting better. Yasunni is also a top shelf pipe but in my opinion not worth the money for such a small return in power, and they are kinda common place now. Nothing to write home about.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()