Author Topic: Reset Trip Meter  (Read 12619 times)

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Reset Trip Meter
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:58:41 PM »
In reading the operator's manual,  Urbestfriend found any instruction very vague.
The left mounted button does scroll thru the Odometer and Trip Odo. readings.
However how does one reset Trip Meter back to "0".  Also
is the odometer changable between km and miles?  Print is almost too small to see.

garumn

• View Profile
Re: Reset Trip Meter
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 12:43:17 AM »
This one took me a couple pushes with the finger to get it to reset...  The button on the left of the panel is the one you're looking for.  It takes the correct angle to push and catch the switch; this is what took me a minute to find out.  If you are currently on ODO displayed in miles, the first click will switch you to kilos; next will be TRIP in miles; next TRIP in kilos, then back to ODO.  It will take you a couple punches to get it, but once you do, you won't have the issue again!  Once you get to the TRIP display you want to reset, press and hold the button and it will do so after a couple seconds (obviously at the correct angle to hit the switch).

Good luck!!
Aaron
2009 Kymco Xciting 250Ri

Nossy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 03:32:04 AM »
The right angle is right!  :P  I don't have a problem with my trip odometer, mine is the oil change light.  I've tried 20 times to get that thing off.  And so far, no luck.  :(   So I'm driving around with the light on.  Ah well.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 05:43:34 PM »
Have you tried disconnecting the batt?, that may reset the processer
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Nossy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 03:14:38 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Zombie.  I haven't tried it.  But I'll give it a try tomorrow morning.

garumn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »
This one took me a couple days of frustration to get also - believe it or not, the oil change button and the odometer/trip button are linked!  I drove around for forever with my oil change light on also, until I decided to sit down and work on it until I figured it out...  Get yourself a golf tee or awl or a slim phillips screwdriver or something similar.  Use this to push in the oil change button and, while pushed, also push down the odo/trip button.  If I remember correctly, the number of miles since the button was last reset will display (an oil trip meter, if you will).  After holding down the odo/trip button for a couple seconds, the oil trip meter will reset to "0" and the oil change light will go out.  Again, it's all about the angle (and an incredible amount of PATIENCE)!!

Good luck!!
Aaron
2009 Kymco Xciting 250Ri

Nossy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 01:32:20 AM »
Sorry it took so long to reply.  Life gets in the way of my hanging out on the computer sometimes.  Disconnecting the ground wire didn't work for me for some reason.  But after about 5 minutes of pushing the trip and the oil change button (with a golf tee), the light finally went off.   Well, now I know how to do it.   With a little more practice, I should get it down to 4 1/2 mins.   Thanks zombie and garumn.

garumn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 12:18:41 AM »
My pleasure - it does get easier the more often you do it!!
Aaron
2009 Kymco Xciting 250Ri

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()