Author Topic: Why I wear gloves  (Read 1718 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Why I wear gloves
« on: May 31, 2014, 11:57:51 PM »
Every good scooter book which I've read mentions  the importance of wearing gloves.  Our riding safety instructor repeatedly emphasized it.
Would not want to take on N. American macadam without them.

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

kneeslider

• View Profile
Re: Why I wear gloves
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 12:26:59 AM »
Not only that, but also our natural reaction to reach out our hands in the event of a fall.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

Monty33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 08:28:28 PM »
Still, the most important piece of gear when riding is a good pair of glasses.  Ever get hit square in the lense by a bee?  I have, and there's no way I would not have crashed if I caught that right in the eye.  Can't understand all the nitwits I see up in Maine riding with no glasses on.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »
Still, the most important piece of gear when riding is a good pair of glasses.  Ever get hit square in the lense by a bee?  I have, and there's no way I would not have crashed if I caught that right in the eye.  Can't understand all the nitwits I see up in Maine riding with no glasses on.

Yep, I keep my face shield down at all times when on the move. I've heard some big things hit my helmet....like a rock! Bug of some kind.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 02:29:25 PM »

What part of Maine are you in?  I'm near Bangor.

Maine doesn't want a Helmet Law ( not enough brains to protect , I guess ) - so why would anyone want tp protect their eyes ?

Me... I wear a helmet,gloves,Safety ( Sun ) glasses ( Impact resistant ) , boots .

Being an EMT-Intermediate may influence me , of course .  8)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 05:26:14 PM »
ATGATT is the only way for me. 

I just picked up a new pair of gloves.  Hated to spend the cash on them but it was needed.  Just picked up Fox Bomber's.
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
Not quite sure about the glasses.  Tumbled crossing uneven pavement once with Helmet and Faceshield.  Corner of eye glasses got shoved into corner of eye and got 22 stitches.  From experience...2 Accidents...Head hits pavement first,  then the hands.  I wear leather gloves with gauntlets past my wrist.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()