Author Topic: L.E.D. headlight bulb conversion. Light Control Module (LCM) issue again!  (Read 3426 times)

pilipo

• View Profile
Replaced stock 35 watt Halogen bulbs on my Super 8, 150cc with 900 lumen per headlight bulbs that use only around 20 watts, or 1.5 Amps total. As a result the Light Control Module (LCM) is now NOT sensing properly, so headlights now only work when idling, and get brighter as I give throttle, then both go out with increased throttle. I think the LCM is there to preserve battery life due to the large drain of the 35 watt X2 Halogen bulbs. I got rid of the halogens, now I want to get rid of the trouble some LCM, as I no longer need it. L.E.D. bulbs are the future, how to upgrade my bike to accommodate the new LED bulbs?

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
easy way is to wire them from the battery and use the high low switch for on off,.  or find the power from ignition so it turns on with the key,. 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
That is exactly what I would do. Grab the power that comes off the key for the horn or parking lights, and run it thru the dimmer to the headlights.

Your LED's will have no effect on any other circuit. Just be sure to unplug the old light module so there is no back feed.

I did the exact same thing adding two projection lenses, and 2 multipack LED's.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
I've been considering this just with the stock bulbs, to try and eliminate the stupid auto dimming when I'm at a stop light. Is it a fairly simple mod? Electrical system is the one thing I'm not very experienced with. Not sure I fully trust myself tinkering with the wiring.
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
I just answered on another thread. I'll try to link it here...

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12002.msg120480#msg120480
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
I just answered on another thread. I'll try to link it here...

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12002.msg120480#msg120480

Yeah, I just saw the answer on the other thread. Thanks for the info zombie!  :)
Roxana, IL

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
 ;)  Wait for B&L on this mod... I seem to remember some of the bikes did not react well to this.

I'm sure it can be worked out w/ a schematic if needed. We'll see what he says.

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
;)  Wait for B&L on this mod... I seem to remember some of the bikes did not react well to this.

I'm sure it can be worked out w/ a schematic if needed. We'll see what he says.

I plan on leaving it alone for now, since my dealer is getting me a new LCM on warranty. Just thinking about possibilities for later down the road if it causes problems again in the future.
Roxana, IL

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()