Author Topic: Kymco Agility 50 De-restrict 2005  (Read 18189 times)

Wil

• View Profile
Kymco Agility 50 De-restrict 2005
« on: September 22, 2009, 06:51:10 PM »
Hi, i have a kymco agility 50, and im bored of sitting at 32-35mph.

I've researched on how to do the washer behind the flywheel derestriction, but i've tried to understand the CDI wire cutting and cannot. I've seen many pictures, but i cannot seem to understand where to cut into it, and what wire to cut, etc. I'm only going to do these de-restrictions, as i cannot purchase parts.

I'm a complete beginner, please help soon :)
thanks, Wil  :)

Wil

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Agility 50 De-restrict 2005
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 07:05:04 PM »
Actually, reading through some of the posts, DO you just remove the washer? or do you have to add a de-restricted washer in there?
thanks

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 08:11:21 PM »
Hello Wil, and welcome to the forum!

The cdi "wire cut" is a little confusing, as you cannot actually see the wire..it is inside the casing of the cdi...

..If you look at the pics, you can identify the correct edge by removing your cdi, place it beside the pics, and just file it away...maybe use a hacksaw...that'll work too..make the cut look like the one in the pic...then just cover the little gap with some electrical tape or epoxy...

..and for derestricting your variator, no washer will be required, as it is the washer that is actually "restricting" how close your pulley halves can come together...

peace

click on the pics for a larger view

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »
Hi, i have a kymco agility 50, and im bored of sitting at 32-35mph.

I've researched on how to do the washer behind the flywheel derestriction, but i've tried to understand the CDI wire cutting and cannot. I've seen many pictures, but i cannot seem to understand where to cut into it, and what wire to cut, etc. I'm only going to do these de-restrictions, as i cannot purchase parts.

I'm a complete beginner, please help soon :)
thanks, Wil  :)

..There are a couple of other things that you can do to give your scoot a bit more power, and they're free...

..however, since yours is a 2005, I would need to discuss a little further with you the condition of your scooter, mileage etc.

...try the two things below, and hit back...there are a lot of ppl here that can give you some pointers...

peace

Wil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »
I dont know if ive got the guts to do it! is it easy?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 11:57:23 PM »
There shuold be 2 pink w/ yellow wires going into the cdi, actually creating a loop. you can cut either of those 2 to derestrict the cdi. No sweat! Read through alot of the older posts, there is a ton of info in them that will apply to your scoot.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »
There shuold be 2 pink w/ yellow wires going into the cdi, actually creating a loop. you can cut either of those 2 to derestrict the cdi. No sweat! Read through alot of the older posts, there is a ton of info in them that will apply to your scoot.

..zombie, Is therer a difference between the 2005 and 2008 cdi?

..I ask because, my 2008 does not have pink/yellow wiring...

..below is a pic of mine..

..I removed the pic from this thread, so as not to confuse anybody with how to make the cut...Mine was not done the way we're explaining it...

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 08:10:07 PM by wordslinger »

Wil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 02:38:08 PM »
Mileage is just past 1000 :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 09:19:20 PM »
I do believe you are right slinger, I saw another post w/ a similar set up. I think it was the same year as yours, but a diff version.  If wil does not  have the pink/yell, then your post is the way to go. wil... as you cut into the cdi, you are looking to cut a 14awg wire that is encased in the epoxy. If you remove the hack saw every 1/8" of cutting and look inside your cut you will see the new bare ends of the wire. you should use epoxy to seal the cut so as not to allow water to get at it. Also try to cut at a 45% angle. You should see the wire before you get to 1/2" deep at the center.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Wil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 10:36:33 PM »
14awg?
is it just a little copper wire?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 11:28:11 PM »
Yes, just a small copper 14 "American Wire Gauge"  wire.  ;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 10:30:24 AM »
I do believe you are right slinger, I saw another post w/ a similar set up. I think it was the same year as yours, but a diff version.  If wil does not  have the pink/yell, then your post is the way to go. wil... as you cut into the cdi, you are looking to cut a 14awg wire that is encased in the epoxy. If you remove the hack saw every 1/8" of cutting and look inside your cut you will see the new bare ends of the wire. you should use epoxy to seal the cut so as not to allow water to get at it. Also try to cut at a 45% angle. You should see the wire before you get to 1/2" deep at the center.

..yeah, zombie...that was from franx, and his r16, i think...Agility City 50....like the looks of that one...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 05:27:54 PM »
Mileage is just past 1000 :)

...hmm..a 2005 with just 1000 km?....

..I can run up that in less than a month...

Wil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »
Sat in a garage for 4 years. got it on the road at the beggining of this month! lol!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »
slinger has oo7 blue lites on his. You''d be supprised how many people think he's 5-0    ALL GOOD!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()