Author Topic: Looking for spare parts for floor board  (Read 1393 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Looking for spare parts for floor board
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:16:31 PM »
I lost one of the fool plugs and placed an order for replacements. Unfortunately the replacements only come in black. I like to have the same as the original which is brown.  Anyone have extras they like to sell? The picture is not of my scooter. I attached it for reference.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for spare parts for floor board
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:54:41 PM »
Maybe.......
?
The brown foot plug factory burned to the ground, with no injuries, is what I read in the Kymco Gazzette. Tuesday, last. Hellubba inferno! Coconuts were exploding in the trees for miles around! Half-cooked monkeys tanned and were so confused they voted republican and fell to the ground in sad little heaps.

Lucky for you. Now, you will be able to quote one of my favorite lines from Oceans Eleven: "I owe you from the thing with the guy in the place...." !!
I always wanted to be able to say that line.....
OK, let me get a padded envelope....and I will be glad to oblige a fellow scooterist with one of these brown plugs.
You gotta quit kicking parts off of your scoot out there... ::)

When I bring the family to Wally World, I'll swing by and pick up my 2 (now) coconuts.
(I know. You had such a simple request. It warranted no more than a simple answer.....blame it on my after dinner espresso!)
I think I have your address.
Slow down & the parts will quite flying off the scoot!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 11:01:00 PM »
I lost one of those too about a year ago. I went to my local Ace Hardware and found plastic plugs that fit perfectly. They have a fluted base that holds them in place. I bought 4 so that they match. I know, I've compromised the future collectability by using non-standard parts but I don't care! ;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:02:57 PM by big blue »
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 06:49:00 AM »
Paint them brown with some of that tough paint, krylon[?]. I'm anal about stuff matching too. My new scoot I found out was missing the 3 black screws on the batt cover. I'm looking in my tool box junk drawer and can only find 3 silver screws to work. Fthat I want 3 black ones, so ace here I come soon.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 03:21:46 AM »
Stig,

That's awfully nice of you. Very much appreciated.

I removed all four of the plugs when I went to fix the air flow screen just below the foot peg. Decided it was more trouble than its worth to strip off the side floor panel and instead used silicone adhesive to hold the screen in place. There appears to be 4 screws holding the screen in place. The post the screws screw into are thin. I'm guessing vibration or my foot kicking the side caused the breakage. The silicone adhesive did the job and since it is silicone, I can still remove the screen from the panel if ever the need arises.

Again, thank you Stig.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 03:28:27 AM »
Exploding monkeys, coconut bombs, gangsta slogans, hot wired Expresso... This is my favorite thread ever!

Please sir, we want some more!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 02:50:21 PM »
Stig,

That's awfully nice of you. Very much appreciated.

I removed all four of the plugs when I went to fix the air flow screen just below the foot peg. Decided it was more trouble than its worth to strip off the side floor panel and instead used silicone adhesive to hold the screen in place. There appears to be 4 screws holding the screen in place. The post the screws screw into are thin. I'm guessing vibration or my foot kicking the side caused the breakage. The silicone adhesive did the job and since it is silicone, I can still remove the screen from the panel if ever the need arises.

Again, thank you Stig.

No worries, the brown rubber plug for the floor is in the mail box.
I guess these parts must be from a cream & brown wrecked LIKE 200i.
Was looking at a foreign Kymco web site where all but the smallest scoot was an "i" version. I sure do like the instant starting and smooth idle of this EFI Like200i. Very reassuring when I'm miles from home on a 8°F morning, with snow everywhere but the road.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()