Author Topic: Kymco Yup 50  (Read 877 times)

shakerdriver

• View Profile
Kymco Yup 50
« on: June 12, 2014, 01:10:10 AM »
I've been searching for info on my wifes 2008 Kymco Yup 50 with no luck. I thought i'd find something here but can't find anything here either, any ideas where to search would be greatly appreciated. All of my experience with scooters has been either gy6 or minarelli 2T so this kymco has me a little puzzled.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Yup 50
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 02:15:19 AM »
What are you trying to find out?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:24:36 AM »
They sting shares the engine with all other air cooled Kymco 2t 50cc. They didn't sell too many stings so you may have better luck searching for people 50 info. Like zombie said, you need to let us know what info type looking for LOL. Very similar engine to minarelli, slight differences but same concepts.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

shakerdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 02:40:48 PM »
Luckily I'm not in need of anything specific yet, just general info. I know that allot of scooters share the same minarelli and gy6 motors but I haven't dealt with enough Kymco's yet to have much knowledge of them. The only Kymco I've dealt with is my B&W 250 and all I've had to do to that so far is change the oil, headlight and sparkplug so no real mechanical dealings with them yet. Luckily I also found this forum for info on the B&W.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 03:35:35 PM »
Lucky for you it's a Kymco and you shouldn't have to do much :). Keep good 2t oil and that sting will last year's.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 10:40:06 PM »
Just spend some time browsing thru the 50cc 2t threads here. Everything you could ever want to know has been posted hundreds of times.

For specifics just ask. We all love talking about scooters, and some of the members actually like people. (guess who don't and you might win a Kymco T shirt) Don't wait for it tho. They are like you tube dollars. Cyber.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 05:55:30 AM »
I've been searching for info on my wifes 2008 Kymco Yup 50 with no luck.

If you post a picture, also the engine type, we'd be able to ID it.  Kymco uses dozens of different model names that change from country to country.  Your Kymco might turn out to be the same as another model, just a different name.  This forum could help by identifying the engine type with the names since the names used here are usually different from the names used in most other countries.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()