Author Topic: Full face, 3/4 or 1/2 helmet?  (Read 26304 times)

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: Full face, 3/4 or 1/2 helmet?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »
Damn you guys are tough on the Bricks and Mortar dealers.

Have you ever asked these folks to price match ? I have and they come close more often than not. After that it's just a matter of if a few extra bucks is worth the good will.

I know I sound like a rag but it is what it is.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 11:15:22 PM »
I wouldn't buy one online...I have to try it on.. And I want in on my head when I ride out of the shop...   ;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

AVGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 02:36:49 AM »
I buy some accessories online but have always bought my helmets and some other things locally. My dealer takes good care of me so I like to support him. I do research things online and read reviews and user ratings.

I currently have a Nolan 104 modular, which I really like.
Grand Vista 250
"Big Scoot"

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 04:10:09 AM »
Just so you know... I bought a skull cap on line ( forget where) and used a 4" grinder to make it actually fit. I removed alot of the foam material, and then used a propane torch to smooth it out.

I understand I changed the dynamics of the helmet but I did make fit. Arguably we are not all a one size fits all community.

Zombies have a larger cranium. Just the way it is. More room for b ullsh** is the way I see it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 07:10:31 PM »
Damn you guys are tough on the Bricks and Mortar dealers.

Have you ever asked these folks to price match ? I have and they come close more often than not. After that it's just a matter of if a few extra bucks is worth the good will.

I know I sound like a rag but it is what it is.

Be Big,
AMAC
I might have if they were a little closer and not obviously price gouging. In the case of my armored jacket:

Dealer= $250.00
Company website= $199.99
revzilla.com= $188.XX

If the dealer had it for $200 I might have bought it on the spot but $62 is a hellava savings. I should not have to ask for a price match or discount. It's not a garage sale. (my feelings anyway). Besides, any brick & mortor business should know people are internet price checking. Car dealers have figured this out.
Wayne

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 07:44:53 PM »
I might have if they were a little closer and not obviously price gouging. In the case of my armored jacket:

Dealer= $250.00
Company website= $199.99
revzilla.com= $188.XX

If the dealer had it for $200 I might have bought it on the spot but $62 is a hellava savings. I should not have to ask for a price match or discount. It's not a garage sale. (my feelings anyway). Besides, any brick & mortor business should know people are internet price checking. Car dealers have figured this out.

Lol.
B&Ms can't spend the day shopping online prices that change with the wind.
IMO it's your loss by not asking.

BTW auto dealers only will match an online price......if you ask. They don't run up to you when you enter the showroom and say "here's that rock bottom net price".

To use the B&M as a "fitting room" without giving them the opportunity to price match, IMO, is poor form.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 11:57:57 PM »
Hey! Leave that nic young boy alone.  8)

At least he didn't steal it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2014, 11:35:34 AM »
Lol.
B&Ms can't spend the day shopping online prices that change with the wind.
IMO it's your loss by not asking.

BTW auto dealers only will match an online price......if you ask. They don't run up to you when you enter the showroom and say "here's that rock bottom net price".

To use the B&M as a "fitting room" without giving them the opportunity to price match, IMO, is poor form.

Be Big,
AMAC
I never thought about asking my dealer to price match. They are famous miles around for not "dealing". Know a guy who paid cash for 3 four wheelers and gear......they would not budge on the price..... so those three guys went elsewhere.  These folks asked me to pay $372 for the first service on my LIKE200.
They have clearance sales...no dealing otherwise.
I cannot afford to use them as anything but a fitting room. Folks, do not buy a helmet online without trying on the SAME helmet first, somwhere!! EVERY manufacturer makes different inside shapes.....but you MUST have an exact fit to be your safest!!
STIG
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2014, 11:56:11 AM »
I never thought about asking my dealer to price match. They are famous miles around for not "dealing". Know a guy who paid cash for 3 four wheelers and gear......they would not budge on the price..... so those three guys went elsewhere.  These folks asked me to pay $372 for the first service on my LIKE200.
They have clearance sales...no dealing otherwise.
I cannot afford to use them as anything but a fitting room. Folks, do not buy a helmet online without trying on the SAME helmet first, somwhere!! EVERY manufacturer makes different inside shapes.....but you MUST have an exact fit to be your safest!!
STIG

Hey you give them an opportunity if they fall short their loss. I'll pay a little more based on the fact they stock and maintain inventory. If there not close I buy elsewhere.

It's always worth asking. Hell if I'm making a large purchase and they take credit cards I ask what's the discount for cash. On large sums I've got discounts for cash.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 03:08:58 PM »

Be Big,
AMAC
Understood.
I'll be looking at a mesh jacket in the future (probably not til next summer). If I ever get the $$ saved, I'll give them the opportunity and we'll see what kind of reaction I get.
Wayne

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »
Lol.

Be Big,
AMAC

It depends on which B&M I go to. I have several to choose from. Most of them won't even come close to price matching. The one that does also happens to be a online store with the motherstore near me. But they don't carry alot of things I like, they are more motocross focused.

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 05:00:10 PM »
Some just won't budge and in the end that will be costly to them.

What I think is great is that so many here are concerned about the quality and fit of the safety gear!
This is a smart bunch for sure. :)

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2014, 12:07:18 AM »
Cheap F'rs too!

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2014, 01:21:49 AM »
Cheap F'rs too!

Lol. You do amuse me.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2014, 01:26:31 AM »
Lol. You do amuse me.

Be Big,
AMAC

...See?!   :o
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()