Poll

control unit location

on the left hand side below the handle bars
0 (0%)
on the body about the glovebox
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: heated grips on xciting ri 2009  (Read 1497 times)

carzyjamie

• View Profile
heated grips on xciting ri 2009
« on: June 17, 2014, 12:48:44 AM »
Hi everyone I'm in the middle of fitting oxford heated grips and in not sure where the best place would be for the control unit and would love to here any suggestions where to put them

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: heated grips on xciting ri 2009
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 01:35:52 AM »
Can you link a Pict. of the control?

Never mind. Found it. Personally I would install it inside the glove box. Wire it so it shuts off with the key, and you have no worries about weather, and such.

Kind of ironic too.  ;D

Usually I SLAM people for heated grips, and such. I have no idea what came over me. :o
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:40:34 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

XcitingSeoul

• Riding bikes in Seoul is my real-life video game.
    • View Profile
    • ADAM LOFBOMM VOICE
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 01:12:32 AM »
I ride year-round here in Korea, and it get freeze-ass cold in the winter with the frigid winds blowing over from the Gobi desert. Heated grips are essential equipment and I've already started thinking about installing some on my brand new XC500. I appreciate hearing about the Oxford units- I've always just used whatever my local shops had in stock with varying degrees of success. Great suggestion about the control unit placement, too, Zombie! Thanks...
“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life” ― Jack Kerouac, On the Road

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:17:51 AM »
I'm basically brain dead so numb fingers are just a minor hitch. That combined with living in Florida make heated grips kinda stupid (for me) anyway. I do wear a parka when it gets below 75*f  tho.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

XcitingSeoul

• View Profile
    • ADAM LOFBOMM VOICE
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 01:22:48 AM »
I hear you there, Zombie! I'm sure the soju we drink here has shaved off more than a few IQ points along the way.

For those you you who don't live in balmy, sunny Florida, however...I know these aren't the sexiest bit of gear, but I've found that with a pair of heated grips plus set of these babies, I was able to ride to work in -18° C (O° F) temperatures without my fingers rotting off.

“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life” ― Jack Kerouac, On the Road

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 01:29:11 AM »
Actually I like those. Nothing mechanical/electronic to break down.

I was just talking to someone about soju a few nights ago. It's that distilled Sorgum (marsh grass) right?
I read there were some 100 million gallons of it distilled/sold last year alone. It sells everywhere from a couple bucks a liter to several thousand dollars/liter.

Zombie Food!

XcitingSeoul

• View Profile
    • ADAM LOFBOMM VOICE
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 03:15:20 AM »
Traditionally, soju was distilled from rice or barley, but these days the mass produced factory swill is made with potatoes or tapioca. Cheap as dirt. It's about a buck for a 12oz bottle, and at 40-45 proof, you could get totally zombified for about 3 bucks!

And, of course, all the ladies look just like this:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:27:34 AM by XcitingSeoul »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 01:25:09 AM »
You can sell ANYTHING with a Babe telling you it's good.

I smoke Newports because some girl in the advert said "they have more vitamins than an apple"
8 packs a day, and I never felt better! I'll probably never need to see a doctor again!

I can't read Korean But I could swear it says something about more vitamins than Newport! IMMORTALITY HEAR I COME!

carzyjamie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Hi everyone thanks for your input. Heated grips all fitted and I didn't have to much trouble fitting, they are so warm and way to hot on 100% but I love them. I've attached a photo and would like to know what you think?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 07:34:20 PM »
Looks Cool! See what I did there?  Cool...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()