Author Topic: Parts on Hand  (Read 2255 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Parts on Hand
« on: June 18, 2014, 03:19:59 PM »
In another 500 miles the Super8 150 owners manual suggests replacing the air filter. I was wondering . . . . before I order one, what other parts should i order and have on hand knowing that I'll need them in the future. Feel free to suggest parts and your reason why. Here's my list so far.

Spark Plug (already have)
Air Filter
Drive Belt
Drive Belt Cover Gasket
Wayne

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Parts on Hand
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:34:58 AM »
Valve cover gasket, variator and clutch nuts (maybe $1.50 ea.,) exhaust gasket. If your scoot has a GY6 style oil plug,spring and O ring ....I'd get one off ebay. Those Orings do not last forever, and can cause a leak after an oil change and screen clean.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PeTroL42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:13:56 AM »
Valve cover gasket, variator and clutch nuts (maybe $1.50 ea.,) exhaust gasket. If your scoot has a GY6 style oil plug,spring and O ring ....I'd get one off ebay. Those Orings do not last forever, and can cause a leak after an oil change and screen clean.
Stig

I don't think all these extra items are necessary. 

I've removed the clutch and variator a bunch of times already and have used the same nuts.  I've changed the oil a bunch of times and it still doesn't leak.  And I've checked and adjusted the valves a handful of times and have used the same o-ring and it doesn't leak.

The only thing I might order would be a few spark plugs.  NGK CR7HSA or CR7HIX for an Iridium one.

And the air filter doesn't need to be replaced unless it's super dirty.  You might be able to use a compressor to blow the dirt off.

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »

The only thing I might order would be a few spark plugs.  NGK CR7HSA or CR7HIX for an Iridium one.

No need to order the plugs. Carquest and O'Reilly's Auto Parts carry the NGK CR7HSA plugs for about $2.30 each. And they usually have them in stock.
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 02:23:21 AM »

I've removed the clutch and variator a bunch of times already and have used the same nuts.  I've changed the oil a bunch of times and it still doesn't leak.  And I've checked and adjusted the valves a handful of times and have used the same o-ring and it doesn't leak.

And the air filter doesn't need to be replaced unless it's super dirty.  You might be able to use a compressor to blow the dirt off.

Respect Pete's... The nuts are actually single use "captive" nuts. They are meant to be replaced every time they are removed.

I have a shop full of extra parts because there is nothing worse than finishing a repair, and not having a muffler seal or the valve cover leaks. Any time I have a few minutes, and some extra coin I order a few cheap extras of whatever...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »
. . . and why don't we just order from Kymco E-Parts website. Is it price, availability, what? Local dealer didn't even have all of the diagrams available so I can see already that might be a challenge. I know SPI is for enhancement stuff but what is the recommended site for OEM KYMCO parts?

KYMCO E-Parts

Local Dealer website (they didn't have all parts diagrams though)
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 07:28:08 PM »
Stadium Yamaha has always been the "go to " site but I THINK they dropped Kymco. I got an email to check out the new site but there is no longer a parts flow sheet or any mention of Kymco.

Do us all a HUGE favor... Mention the forum, and how much business can be directed their way. Perhaps you can single handedly set us up a discount program. You will have to ask for the owner for this or the director of marketing/sales.

My obligatory jack...

Now i'm gonna jack for one second... GET ALL of the dealers we use involved with helping the forum. If we all CALL anywhere, and mention the "Discount" for the forum. They MIGHT pay attention to the ten second email linking the dealer to us with a discount...

This forum is Skads! He leaves us alone, and look at the groups of people that have teamed up for fun. FUN!

We can pull A LOT business 's together, and save THOUSANDS of $$$.
I promise you I have done that by my self. Make yourself a dealer with these sites we all prefer! Use the keyboard to set it all up in half hr at the most? 5 minuets if you type with more than 4 fingers?

That was funny...

Sorry for the jack. Really.

I'm gonna copy/paste this because it is going to be my Standard jack till we get 5 new dealer account type arrangements.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()