Author Topic: 2013 super 8 headlights turn off when i accelerate then come back on at idle.  (Read 2811 times)

nuggzy

• View Profile
    • photobucket
I took my super 8 50 2t for a ride last night and to my surprise the head lights turn off when I take off then come back on when I come to a stop or at idle i turned off my scooter and tried  again this time they worked for a min but turned off again today the same thing work at idle turn off with acceleration. what gives any suggestions. :-\
2013 Super8 50 2t 
full ncy cvt kit with all the bells and whistles 1500 contra and clutch springs relocated front an back turn signals into there proper spots (the fake turn signals) looks sharp..70cc bbk , 20mm intake , 17.5mm  carb.  ,motosport  adjustable brake  handles ,cleaned up tail , leds

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
It's the light control module. There are lots of posts on them.

Seems to be a common flaw. There are a few posts on re-wiring them/by-passing them or you can replace it, and wait till it fails again.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
Hey! Welcome a new member of the Super 8 wonky headlight club!
Meetings are every previous Tuesday at 13 O'clock!
Bring your own flashlights!

But seriously, I feel your pain with this issue. I'm waiting for a new LCM to come in at my dealer for my 150. Luckily for me, my low beams still work, so I can still ride. Mine only shut down if I touch the high beam switch.
Call your dealer. They should replace it on warranty.
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

nuggzy

• View Profile
    • photobucket
hey thanx it's a pain in the ass seems like they work when I don't need them but don't when I do I leave work at 4am so it's dark and they worked about half way to work then shut off today  but on the way home they stayed on the whole ride crazy guess i'll give the dealer a holla and take advantage of that warranty. thanx
2013 Super8 50 2t 
full ncy cvt kit with all the bells and whistles 1500 contra and clutch springs relocated front an back turn signals into there proper spots (the fake turn signals) looks sharp..70cc bbk , 20mm intake , 17.5mm  carb.  ,motosport  adjustable brake  handles ,cleaned up tail , leds

geedubyoo

• View Profile
I'm  having a similar issue where I only have the idle level (dim)  lights. LCM has been replaced with no change though the dealer said I had "mid-level" light which was B.S. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
That sounds like a weak stator. How is the rest of the lighting working? Are the blinkers strong, and flashing?
 voltage from all the feed wires
It could also be a bad ground somewhere in the lighting circuit.

The best bet is to start checking all the GREEN ground wires for +12 volts, and then check against the grounds for proper voltage from all the feed wires.
It could also be as simple as a faulty head light switch.

Voltage tests... Any sort of multi meter will work for this. Not a test light tho. You need to see numbers.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:02:25 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
There is ab technical service burden m bulletin about this from Kymco, take the ground (green) wire fun the voltage regulator and add a second ground from that wire to the frame (at the mounting bolt for regulator). It'll most likely cure this issue.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()