Author Topic: Parts for Movie 150  (Read 2306 times)

DeeAir

• View Profile
Parts for Movie 150
« on: June 20, 2014, 07:13:25 PM »
Im new to the forum and recently purchased a 2013 Movie 150. Loving it so far but trying to source some aftermarket parts, more so an exhaust. I know Asia has the FI version but some parts like exhausts are not compatible with the carb version ( at least from what I've been told by some of the exhaust manufacturers for the Racing 150).

Anyone know for sure where I can source one thats fitted for the Movie 150?

Thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Parts for Movie 150
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 04:13:17 AM »
This is cheap Ebay stuff but ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scooter-Moped-125cc-150cc-KYMCO-Agility-125-150-MOVIE-Performance-Exhaust-Pipe-/171305956229

Racing Planet doesn't even list a 150. I image you find a lot of that.

You could try SPI. I didn't look there. It's easier to call to see what they have/can get for you. Most of the really good stuff is not on the site.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 04:17:13 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DeeAir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 04:41:53 AM »
Thanks bud....I did see that exhaust. You're right about brobably cheap and who know about fitment (agilty/movie). Haven't contacted SPI but will give them a shot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »
I've been using those cheap pipes on 50cc's. The mounting tabs are ALWAYS just a bit off. Sometimes I have to add spacers so as not to bend the welds too far, and other times it is just a little tweaking. Point is I like the pipes for what they are.

If you decide to try one I would suggest Silver cause they all sun fade to silver anyway.

The oldest one I have is 3 years and actually it still looks/ sounds fine.

I've bought quite a few pipes over the years, and it really comes down to performance. If it performs, and lasts more than 2 years I am sold.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 03:34:20 PM »
I've bought quite a few pipes over the years, and it really comes down to performance. If it performs, and lasts more than 2 years I am sold.

Really!? Am I only to expect a couple of years from my stock Super8 150 muffler?
Wayne

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 04:53:13 PM »
Really!? Am I only to expect a couple of years from my stock Super8 150 muffler?

With the way yours has lost bolts, probably--j/k.  Seriously, after losing that cover the other day I'm wondering about the S8 durability...  I really expect a whole lot more even out of a budget scoot.
Proud owner of a red 2013 Kymco Super 8 150k
Scooter is stock

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »
Scooter mufflers take a beating because they move with the suspension. Keep a close eye on your hanger bolts and the exhaust will last nite than two years. I've had bad luck with eBay pipes, totally destroyed in less than 6 months, but Portland has horrible put holes. If the orientation of the movie is the same as the s8 your best bet is the two brothers exhaust made for the s8. Really well designed exhaust and sounds AWESOME.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 06:55:43 PM »
When you say keep a close eye on the hanger bolts, I'm assuming you mean that they are always snug enough.  What, if anything else, should I watch for?
Proud owner of a red 2013 Kymco Super 8 150k
Scooter is stock

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 07:15:15 PM »
When you say keep a close eye on the hanger bolts, I'm assuming you mean that they are always snug enough.  What, if anything else, should I watch for?

Tight bolts, and keep the header pipe free of rust. It's all you can do.

I get the point on the Ebay pipes, and crappy roads... They always come with a hanger, and a silicone strap but most guys don't get that mounted right, and the pipes weight can/will break off the end of the header pipe.
Careful mounting is important.

I also noticed the 125/150 pipes were listed as one in the Ebay add. I wonder if that infers it is actually the same pipe. RP did not even list the 150 bike at all...

Just guessing but B&L may be on to something with the Bro's pipe... Maybe order one, and verify if it does fit... I would be VERY careful not to mount it tightly until you know it fits... You can return/exchange parts, as long as they are not scratched up from a bad install.

DeeAir

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 08:32:51 AM »
I'll keep trying. Checked with a Japan website who sells parts for the Racing 150 which is the same scooter with F.I. but said it doesnt fit. That's why I questioned the Ebay pipe we saw. The search continues..... 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 06:02:36 PM »
webike japan?   http://japan.webike.net

DeeAir

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 07:48:31 PM »
Yep....sent them an email for an exhaust fitment and the replied that the Racing 150 one is not applicable to the Movie.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 07:52:14 PM »
Try going to kymco parts monster or any site tat lists Kymco part numbers... Look up the 125cc pipe, and the 150 pipe. I'll bet they are the same part number. Then you can simply order a 125cc pipe.

DeeAir

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 08:08:47 PM »
Will do....thx

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()