Author Topic: New member, first Kymco  (Read 11689 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: New member, first Kymco
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 06:30:07 AM »
Born in Muskegon (Pere Marquette River area-Prime Trout River.Known worldwide) On shore of Lake Michigan...Lived everywhere from Kalamazoo to E.Lansing to Marquette ( Upper Peninsula ) . We like people to not know about Marquette/Presque Isle area as we want to keep it unspoiled. Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is a treasure to behold ( much less kayak/hike) .

Now, I'm homesick         :'(
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 09:13:02 PM »
funny how that happens.

I usually love the places I live but Home is always home.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 10:09:03 PM »
What 300cc kit are you thinking of going with, MRP or polini? I have the MRP kit and it really puts out a lot of power, but like zombie mentioned I have cooling problems. I have the head at the machine shop and I'll keep you guys posted if getting the head decked fixed it. I've never heard of this before with the mrp kit so it may well be my bike not the kit. I would suggest getting the Naraku cam for the 250cc motor even before you get the kit, better bang for the buck and easy to install too. I like the x250, solid bike, really stable at high speed because it's practically the same chassis designed for 500cc.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 12:41:30 AM »
I had no idea that is your bike that is over heating. I never read who is doing what until it comes down to the basement (50cc).

I've had lots of overheat sh** over the years, and will be more than happy to keep throwing ideas till something sticks.

I THINK it is an issue of the cooling system being designed as minimalistickly (That' a word?) as possible. Marginal may be better...
There are some outboard engines that do not accept modifications due to the cooling system being barely adequate from the jump.

However I do believe any issue can be fixed. That's what Modding is all about
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 12:45:17 AM »
I've never over heated per say, but its pumping air into the cooling system. I bleed it, run it, and loads of air come back in. Laser option on this one it to take it to the machine shop. Will knew in a week of that fixed it, plus having him do a nice port and polish on the exhaust port haha.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 12:56:29 AM »
Got ya. The only thing that can inject air is the piston/cylinder. Generally speaking that will only happen for a short while until the pressure builds in the cooling system, and then it will reverse spewing coolant vapor out the pipe.

I know you will keep us informed.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 01:05:58 AM »
Yeah the weirdest thing is I have zero coolant leaks, and it didn't seem like my plug chops ever indicated burning coolant. Just constantly pumped air into the cooling system. Also I can burp the coolant system cap it and idle until the sun goes down, but it will only add air after actually riding for a while, the harder I ride the faster air is pumped into cooling system. If repairing the head won't fix it I'm stumped lol. The PO took horrible care of it, I got it for $100 totally beat down, bone dry on oil. So the chances of the head being warped are pretty high. I want a big valve head but can't find one anywhere.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »
It's alot of work but you can buy Titanium bar stock, cut new seats, and use what ever valves you want. I have a head I cut for a customer that we used valves from a Briggs Lane mower.

It cost just under 100.00 for the bar stock, and machine work. This was all in a random POS China scoot but it wound up faster than my 100cc qmb.

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 03:43:10 AM »

Hubby and I are doing (part of) Skis Shrimp Run. Staying at Camp (Fayette) and riding into Richmond for parade and see what happens from there .

Where areyou coming from?

Perhaps we could meet up?

I'm coming in from Saint Johnsbury, vt.  I'm going to be staying at Recompence Shore Campground.  Site 130 (It's a wooded site, I didn't want an ocean front one).  I'll be in on Friday and leaving Monday morning/afternoon.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 07:22:28 PM »
I'm coming in from Saint Johnsbury, vt.  I'm going to be staying at Recompence Shore Campground.  Site 130 (It's a wooded site, I didn't want an ocean front one).  I'll be in on Friday and leaving Monday morning/afternoon.

We are staying at our Camp , in Fayette. Riding partway to Thopsham to meet group on way to Richmond. You'll see me on a Downtown 300i (orange/black )and Hubby on a People S 250 (red) . Look for us and introduce yourself .  Dan and Karen (names)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 01:49:29 AM »

We are staying at our Camp , in Fayette. Riding partway to Thopsham to meet group on way to Richmond. You'll see me on a Downtown 300i (orange/black )and Hubby on a People S 250 (red) . Look for us and introduce yourself .  Dan and Karen (names)

I will definitely keep an eye out for you, either way we will be at the end of the pack (larger cc bikes at the end...lol).  I will either be on my new gray xciting 250, or on a blue Hyosung MS3 250.  My name is Brian.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 01:06:46 PM »
I will definitely keep an eye out for you, either way we will be at the end of the pack (larger cc bikes at the end...lol).  I will either be on my new gray xciting 250, or on a blue Hyosung MS3 250.  My name is Brian.

Will keep an eye out, as well.

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2014, 12:20:57 AM »
I'm hoping to be on a different bike than the one in that picture, but I should have the helmet ears and tail.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 03:14:01 AM »
I'm hoping to be on a different bike than the one in that picture, but I should have the helmet ears and tail.

Kinda like the ears/tail.

I may bring a 38" Sock Monkey along for the 'Company'  ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2014, 05:52:55 AM »
Sock monkey?? My first thought was the Red Hot Chili Peppers... Sorry.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()