Author Topic: New member, first Kymco  (Read 11692 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: New member, first Kymco
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 03:52:37 PM »
Sock monkey?? My first thought was the Red Hot Chili Peppers... Sorry.

Mmmmmm...Chili Peppers...growing some now...Cowboy Candy and bacon-wrappedpoppersto come  ;)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 07:02:37 PM »
I have perhaps 5 lbs of assorted smoked peppers from the garden. I use them on everything. My favorite is Peanut Butter toast w/ onion, and smoked peppers.

I know it sounds gross but it actually chemically changes as you chew it into a Coffee flavor. If you get bored try it. GOOOOODDDDD STUUUUUUFFFFF
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 08:22:41 PM »
I have perhaps 5 lbs of assorted smoked peppers from the garden. I use them on everything. My favorite is Peanut Butter toast w/ onion, and smoked peppers.

I know it sounds gross but it actually chemically changes as you chew it into a Coffee flavor. If you get bored try it. GOOOOODDDDD STUUUUUUFFFFF

Have to try it. I made some awesome Jamaican Jerk rub with my habaneros last fall . Gotta be a Chile Head, ya know !
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 02:30:10 AM »
 Peppers are good. Mountain dew is bad. I like orange. (the color)
I had nothing else so I found this.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 02:06:15 PM »
Peppers are good. Mountain dew is bad. I like orange. (the color)
I had nothing else so I found this.

Love Richie !

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 05:12:35 AM »
We get along too well. My dad traveled a lot soooo. Our lineage may be closer that either of us thinks.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 12:33:33 PM »
We get along too well. My dad traveled a lot soooo. Our lineage may be closer that either of us thinks.

I'm starting to think that may be the case. Warped minds think alike . ;)

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 02:41:48 AM »
Just got back from Rutland where I took delivery of my new (to me) 2007 Kymco Xciting 250.

:D

The ride back was around 112 miles, and I have to say that I am VERY impressed with this bike.  While my Hyosung is quicker, and faster, the Kymco is a LOT more comfortable, solid and had no problems on the interstate.

While the bike is certainly solid, handles great (I love the weight of it, helps with stability), I am going to have to get a bigger windshield.  Also, I knew it was a taller seat, but wow, I have to tip toe this thing while stopped.  Also, I'm having a problem with the left side mirror, it's loose and keeps drooping down.  Going to look at that tomorrow, I'm sure it's just a matter of tightening something up.

I cannot say enough about the dealership where I got it (Central Vermont Motorcycles).  They changed ALL fluids in the thing (including gas), changed all filters, cleaned and adjusted the carb, put on brand new Michelin City Grip tires (front and back), put in a brand new battery, and even washed the thing before they turned it over.  For a used bike, that is the best service I have EVER received from any dealership (both car and bike).  Oh, and I thought the bike was grey, but it is some kind of black (it has flecks in it) which is cool.  AND, they installed a GIVI trunk mount on it for a Monokey box.  All at the original price they quoted me which was below KBB.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 03:04:11 AM »
You might want to send a bottle of wine or some such for them. It sounds like you have a keeper there.

Glad you like the bike too.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2014, 04:50:15 AM »
Damn that's some good service!!!! Two things, they do make a touring seat for the Xciting which is expensive but super deluxe. Also, order the 300cc kit!!!!!! It adds a ton of freeway cruising power. I have two friends that have people 250 & s250 and I kill them on the freeway.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »
Damn that's some good service!!!! Two things, they do make a touring seat for the Xciting which is expensive but super deluxe. Also, order the 300cc kit!!!!!! It adds a ton of freeway cruising power. I have two friends that have people 250 & s250 and I kill them on the freeway.

I was actually thinking about the 300cc kit, I've noticed that there are a couple of them, which one do you suggest, and does anything else need to be changed/added when installing the 300cc kit?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »
I have the MRP kit, the cheapest option of them but it is a 78mm clone of the polini kit I think. Cast quality is good and the cylinder is plated nicely. You don't HAVE to do anything else other than slight jetting, but I would highly recommend getting the Naraku cam with the kit to the most out of it. I can get a solid GPS 85-90mph top speed but the biggest difference is acceleration, my 0-60 is quick and a rolling start from 40-80 can whoop traffic. Before you do any of that, get a set of 22-23g Dr. Pulley sliders and I would recommend getting the yellow torque spring from BPNW:

https://www.buggypartsnw.com/index.php/buggy-parts/250cc-parts/variator-and-clutch/250cc-clutch-main-spring-yellow.html

You will need both of those to utilize the power of the 300cc. Other than that the kit is a direct bolt in, no case grinding or anything. Valve adjustments are more frequent if you drive it hard with the kit, I do mine about every 1000-1500km. All n all a very nice product, the MRP kit is way cheaper than the others out there, I'm not sure if it will make a difference. Another guy on here, Trancebear, had a B&W with the kit and he blew his at 5000km, but I read he said something about "loosing oil pressure" which in that case is not the fault of the kit. Have a reputable shop do the install, and drive it easy for the first 500km and you will be really really happy with the 300cc.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
No disrespect B&L... Go to SPI Arcanum, and get the Polini for less cost, and a much better quality cylinder. The dealer pricing fixes that.
Plated cylinders SUCK! Always have, and always will. You can not chamfer them so wear is extensive/excessive. Even the pistons suck in those kits.

I have owned 6-7 that I bought or they came on bikes I bought. Every one of them chipped/broke piston skirts from distortion or just plain had lousey compression in 2-300 hours of riding.

Like I said B&L... No diss intended. I see price was your goal.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:19:40 PM by zombie »

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2014, 09:13:03 PM »
Oh for sure, I wouldn't buy the polini kit. I got the MRP kit at dealer cost for $150 and LOVE it to death. Withe the polini kit being like what $400? F that hahaha. And I'm not up to snuff on the 2t jugs, so I can't speak for those.  I have 5000km and counting on this MRP cylinder, and when I took the head off the bore was still shiny and fresh. I have VASTLY more experience with 4t stuff.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2014, 03:22:59 AM »
Ohhhhh My bad! I got lost in the 2t world... again. Forgot it was a 4t.

Same opinion on the plated jugs tho...

The Polini would be about the same price w/ SPI on our side. Maybe 30-40 more...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()