Author Topic: Just bought a new 2013 Like 50  (Read 15906 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Just bought a new 2013 Like 50
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »
I'm on the "who don't we join the rest of the world and use their numbers" boat lol. I love metric, easy conversions and no silly fractions.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2014, 04:09:39 PM »
I know... I'm actually slamming the US for the imposable system we use. I remember the big "conversion" we went thru in the '60's. Never happened.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2014, 04:59:13 PM »
Signed up for cyclepedia. Thanks for the reference. It will come in handy.

Sucks about the odometer being in Km. But oh well.

What kind of tool can I use to hold the drive pulley so I can loosen the nut a tighten it with out
damaging anything?

It's a 14 mm nut right?
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

Live for today for tomorrow we may die.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »
Electric impact wrench 3/8 size. Works perfect and I've never stripped anything. I went for SnapOn one and have been using /abusing it for like 7 years now. I wouldn't fuss with the clutch pulley holder, impact works great once you get used to how tight to go. You cash get decent craftsman ones at sears for like $100 with lithium batteries. Useful for everything on your scoot, seat bolts, doing tires list goes on.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2014, 09:33:20 PM »
Harbor freight has the 49.00 plug in the wall one. I would rather a cordless but such is life.

You can hold the bell w/ a strap wrench or jam the starter gear on the variator pulley half if you want to avoid an impact but it is hard as hell to break those nuts loose the first time. You will also need a tube of Blue Lok Tite to reinstall the nuts. They do come loose if you do not use it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2014, 12:36:30 AM »
Good to know about the Blue lol tite. I didn't think of that. However, I didn't get that far. I couldn't get the CVT cover off. Took out the 10 bolts easily, but the cover got stuck between the frame and the housing. Right where the 2nd bolt clockwise from the CVT vent hose was. I didn't want to force it. So I
bolted everything up tiight. And here I am.

Cyclepedia shows the entire engine seperate from the scooter. Is there a trick to it, or do I have to dismantle the scooter further?

Disappointed and tired. Gonna go see Becca.

Thanks again for all your help.

2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2014, 12:41:50 AM »
When you have all the bolts out bang the kick start with your hand a few times and the cover will pop off. You have to wiggle it a little sometime, the dowel pins gets stuck. If all else fails it is ok to gently pry with a flathead. Don't bother doing again unless you have an impact ready tho.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2014, 02:01:36 AM »
If you have to you can remove to lower rear shock mounting bolt. That will allow you to lift the frame clear of the cover.
Careful tho. It will also allow the frame to fall on top of the engine. The only two bolts that hold the engine in the frame are that shock bolt, and a long bolt that passes thru the bottom of the engine near the kick stand.

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2014, 03:39:34 AM »
Just got back from Becca's. Feeling much better.

I did buy a Craftsman electric impact wrench so I am set there. Will give it another shot when I have the time. To be continued......
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2014, 04:33:19 AM »
good deal.

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2014, 07:03:52 PM »
Looking at the Silent Pro exhaust pipe and is says it needs to be derestricted to get more power. Two spot welds near the manifold flange and a small pipe in the silencer body. Is this a difficult mod?
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2014, 07:15:18 PM »
Easy as pie. A dremel tool will cut off the tack welds, and the washer will twist out. Same for the pipe in the back. It is just tack welded so you just cut thru the weld, and the pipe drops out.

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2014, 09:59:42 PM »
Sounds almost too easy. Well I ordered the exhaust from Racing Planet. $128.00 seemed a fair price.
Still no luck with SPI. Gonna keep trying but I am getting antsy. So use the dremel tool and make a few cuts. No welding, right?
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2014, 11:34:11 PM »
Tomorrow I am going to put in the derestricted variator bushing. So far I've been running rich.
The bushing came with a jet. Do I have to put that in or can I wait until I put on the new exhaust and rejet then?

As always thanks.
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2014, 01:48:01 AM »
No welding is correct. You can put in the larger jet now, and do some plug chops once you get the new pipe on. You will need at least 2 NEW spark plugs to be sure you are jetted right.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()