Author Topic: My first impressions on my new People GT 300i.  (Read 437 times)

Mscmkr

• View Profile
My first impressions on my new People GT 300i.
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:48:27 AM »
I have had my GT since Friday and I have put about 80 miles on it so far. The first thing I would like to say is, "I LOVE THIS BIKE!" This is so much more of what I want in a scooter. My Like 200i was a blast and I really loved it but it just didn't have the CC's to do the things I want to do.
    Biggest difference I have noticed is of course the size. This is a much bigger and heavier bike. I sit up more on this which I much prefer. It does turn a bit differently than my Like did. I could kinda hip turn my Like, the GT is more of a, "push the inside grip and tip the bike a bit" turn. Slight learning curve but nothing big. It is extremely nimble and turns very well so no loss there.
     Of course the added power is amazing! This thing loves to go 65. I keep giving it throttle like I did with my Like, but this will get up to 65 or 70 before I know it. I have taken it on the freeway for about 6 miles and it will do 80 with plenty of throttle left. Long trips are now possible. I'm planning an overnighter 4th of July weekend up north. Should be a perfect test for the GT.
      I dropped my seat off to a guy Monday evening and I should have it back this Saturday. He's going to do a full rebuild to the front half of the seat. I will post picks and give my impressions of how it turned out when I get it back.

I will update when I get back from my trip up north and let you all know how the bike fared. Ride safe everyone, mscmkr

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
I'm with you
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
The GT is one fine scoot.
I bought one last year and have been extremely pleased with it.
I have owned a few motorcycles over the years . Have had a couple of real good ones. When I bought my GT I still had a good Yamaha sport bike.
I sold the motorcycle and have no regrets. My GT does everything well.
I do not miss owning a motorcycle.
Most GT owners would agree the seat needs improvement.
Let us know how your seat mod works out.
Oh yea, ride safe and enjoy.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()