Author Topic: What's that sound?  (Read 3567 times)

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
Re: What's that sound?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 03:04:16 PM »
When I had the issue with my headlight control module, my dealer got mine in ahead of the other work they had, since it was a warranty issue and kind of a safety issue.
Of course, my dealer is still trying to make up for previous mistakes they've made, so they may have just been kissing my butt!  ;D
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 06:48:51 PM »
Going to the dealer today to pick up the Super8. He replaced the passenger pegs (as the springs which pop them out were broke) and he said that fixed it. WTF? I asked them to test ride it again and they called yesterday to say it was ready and they tightened a muffler shield and it is fixed. What do I think? I think it's BS. I'm going to scoot the 50 mile trip home and we'll see how it performs. If that sound comes back on the ride today, I think I'll strangle somebody.
Wayne

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 11:21:54 PM »
Going to the dealer today to pick up the Super8. He replaced the passenger pegs (as the springs which pop them out were broke) and he said that fixed it. WTF? I asked them to test ride it again and they called yesterday to say it was ready and they tightened a muffler shield and it is fixed. What do I think? I think it's BS. I'm going to scoot the 50 mile trip home and we'll see how it performs. If that sound comes back on the ride today, I think I'll strangle somebody.
Please, put down your pistol, and step away.
I would arrive early enough to take it around the block, and if its still making that metal/metal noise - ride it right through the front doot of the shop up to the service desk.
But, ya know - I ain't having much luck lately diagnosing scoot issues - so maybe these guys have it sorted for you.
I'm not sure which is worse - a shop that won't fix something for you - or one that says they have when they haven't. Poor devils are so sure of themselves and are all smiles when they hand you the keys.
I used to have a VW shop that often said "You didn't need that fixed, so we didn't."
So, I went something like 8 yrs with no speedo cable - got very good at judging my speeds.
The big stuff they were good at - little stuff didn't get them excited.
Good luck.....surely your scoot will be 100% and DO keep us posted. This is like a mini-series (but more interesting)!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 04:43:51 AM »
I do believe they fixed it. Harmonic vibrations can be brutally loud, and un-nerving. Ever hear the trunk lid or licenser plate vibrate on a car full of stereo?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 05:06:58 AM »
Well I got there and the service guy was gone (left at 5 but I knew that). The salesman brought it out for me and said right away, you want to take it for a spin? So I did get it up to 50MPH briefly twice on the short road in front of the business. So I start talking how I found it hard to believe that it was the pegs causing that noise. He goes on to explain that the springs must have been rattling and it WAS HARD TO BELIEVE. I rode it the 52 miles home and didn't have a single issue. Will be riding to work Wed again. I'm still a little uneasy about it but I guess I should just get on with riding and enjoying the scoot. The days it was in the shop really left me feeling "off" so I guess the scooter needle is firmly inserted into my arm.
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 05:16:01 AM »
My signature on Scooter Invasion forum is...

Addicted to 2 strokes.
I never use the choke. I warm my fuel in a spoon, and inject it directly into the cylinder.

Enjoy the bike Kreps.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 11:20:33 AM »
I'd be suspicious too, Wayne, but for your sake I hope the dealership fixed it so you have your scoot back and working properly with no mystery noises.  I'm sure you're keeping a close eye on the pegs and the bolts that affix them to the scooter.
Proud owner of a red 2013 Kymco Super 8 150k
Scooter is stock

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 12:17:43 PM »
Sooo...is the noise still gone?  Hope so.
Proud owner of a red 2013 Kymco Super 8 150k
Scooter is stock

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 02:04:51 PM »
Ran 2 tanks of gas through it and "Bandit" is fine. Damnest thing I ever saw. Still hard for me to believe but hey, I got a copy of the service receipt and filed it away. Being a stickler for detail . . . . they tightened down one of the muffler sheild screws so tight it broke the top rubber washer. Guess I'll go to Ace hardware in the next few days to get a replacement. Anyone know if they are a special, non melting rubber. (sounds like something the ladies of the evening would request  ;) )
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 07:50:34 PM »
Most likely they are silicone.

I uses aluminum foil for those "special ladies". Ya never know...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()