Author Topic: Kymco riding Cycle Shop guy  (Read 539 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Kymco riding Cycle Shop guy
« on: June 29, 2014, 12:28:18 AM »
Forgot to mention that while in a Florida motorcycle shop, looking at Triumphs and Buells - the salesman asked that familiar question; "What do you ride?"

I said, "No, I have a scooter in Ohio." He said he had a scooter, too. A Kymco! (I think he said a used Grand Vista ??) He said he loves it and that it is saving him a lot of money. He said he would put Kymco "right up there with the best made scooters".
He said his dealership tried to sell & service several different brands of scooters that the sales reps always claimed to be "better than the other Chinese" junk.....but they quit selling them after too many bad experiences. He said his boss would like to sell SYM and Kymco scooters but dealerships are given territories.....and they have all been snatched up in his area.

This is the first time I've ever had a scooter conversation in a motorcycle shop!
Interesting.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

wkreps

• View Profile
Re: Kymco riding Cycle Shop guy
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 01:58:02 AM »
Small world. Did you pass along this forum address? It would be nice to get a good network of mechanics and dealers here. It's who you know . . . . . ya know.
Wayne

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 01:59:23 AM »
I think for the money the 3 Taiwanese cos are a best buy. Kymco, Genuine, Sym. The scooter market is small compared to the m/c market and even those numbers are limited. Scooter market hasn't matured yet. Wait till gas hits $5 a gal then you'll see numbers improving and dealers making money and being reliable.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 05:20:43 AM »
Right after he told you how fantastic Kymco is did he happen to mention you" Look Marvelous" standing next to that Buell?

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()