Author Topic: Something leaking??  (Read 4050 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Something leaking??
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 10:25:51 PM »
ALOT of info. gets lost in the translation from whatever to english. I simply fill to the over flow. Sure is a bi**h though getting gear oil into a spider hole!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 07:12:11 PM »
It's still dripping - not all the time and not very much.  I looked on the bottom of variator housing and there appears to be black soot coming out of 2 big cutouts in the bottom back - does air go through here to cool the thing?  I am assuming the black grit I am seeing on the bottom and in my puddles is ground up belt - not sure what the fluid is.  I am going to pull the cover when I get my new air filter and do a day of maintenance.  The leaks are directly under these 2 rectangular opening in the rear bottom to the housing.
Plan on switching to synthetic oil this next change.  Any comments?

:)>>

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 01:57:55 AM »
Pull off the cvt cover. There is a leak in either your fuel sys/gear box/or something else wet!  Can you post a pict.? My answer is purposely generic because it seems you know where the leak is. If it gas, you know what that is;
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 10:47:08 PM »
I was doing some work on the scooter today so I thought I would pull the cover off.  Turns out there is one bolt that is IMPOSSIBLE to get to, so I didn't get it off.  I did loosen it enough for several drops of oil to come out the bottom - so I am pretty sure something is leaking in there - couldn't tell if it was gear oil or regular oil.  I plan on taking it to the dealer as this should be covered by warranty - whatever it is.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 12:16:01 AM »
No Doubt!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()