Author Topic: ignition fail 2009 people 250S  (Read 844 times)

Bobbi Bam

• View Profile
ignition fail 2009 people 250S
« on: July 01, 2014, 06:25:29 AM »

OK as you know you must turn key to on position, turn switch to on position, squeeze brakes and hit run switch.
  Well my issue is that some days its fine. Some Days I do all that and nothing happens. There is a fully charged battery. Now if it happens to me on the road i just turn on the switch and turn key to on position after removing my seat and storage compartment i just take a screwdriver and cross between two terminals of starting relay solenoid and it cranks and starts so that has saved my butte a few times... 
I think it must either be faulty solenoid or whatever activates the solenoid... 
what do you think.. 

my second question is where to buy parts for these particular models. It's a pain in the butte looking for websites that have a good variety of oem and aftermarket parts

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
Re: ignition fail 2009 people 250S
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 12:32:29 PM »
Does the brake light come on when you squeeze the brakes when this happens? It's happened to me before that the switch that's supposed to pop out when you squeeze the brakes was sticking.

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
Re: ignition fail 2009 people 250S
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 12:50:23 PM »
As far as OEM parts go, I've had good luck with http://www.yorkcyclesak.com . I received an email the same day I placed an order saying when they expected parts to come in from Kymco, and I received the order 8 days later. I ordered from them in the first place because their shipping rate is lower than most sites, although it evens out on more expensive orders.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()