Author Topic: Stig's 1'st Running Issue  (Read 6973 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: Stig's 1'st Running Issue
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 01:42:16 AM »
I think the warranty route is the way to go. Hopefully it will be a quick fix and you'll be back riding those Ohio backcountry roads once again.

200i

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »
Stig,  For all the assistance you've been to so many Like owners...Kymko should send a rep to your house for a warranty service call. 

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 06:51:04 PM »
Stig, pls don´t selll it.  :o  You were my inspiration for buying the same scooter across the pond.  :) ;)
It´s such a lovely nice litte Scooter and so much fun to drive.

I would also suggest to go the warranty route. That´s why we have it... For how long? 2 Years.

Shouldn´t be such a problem to solve for a good scooter repair shop/ kymco dealer.
You might contact any of those Kymco Dealers near your home.

It´s either a electrical/electronical Problem, or a Fuel/Injection Problem.

Don´t give up. And don´t baby it too much. Drive it passionately, WOT it from time to time and have much fun.  8) :D

Have you checked the relays? They make sometimes bad unstable contacts when burned. Caused by a weak battery.
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Vintage MX

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 11:17:37 PM »
Stig, you're breaking about 200 hearts. You have to take it to the dealer and see if it can be repaired under warranty even if you decide to sell it, right?  Be steady, stick with us brother!
2011 Like 200i, 2002 KTM 200 EXC and a garage full of 1970s Motocrossers and Trials Bikes.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 12:13:50 AM »
Stig, you're breaking about 200 hearts. You have to take it to the dealer and see if it can be repaired under warranty even if you decide to sell it, right?  Be steady, stick with us brother!

Ditto from me! what is the point of a warranty if you don't use it. Get it checked out and report back. You have taken such great care of your scoot it can't be a fatal error. ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

exhalent99

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 01:06:58 AM »
Ditto from Canada,

Stig, I know you tried sea-foam but I wanted to suggest a product marketed specifally for cleaning fuel injection systems - any one of them should do. Please forgive me if your sea-foam is just that.

Also, have you tried dropping in the old copper spark plug?  Just a troubleshooting step from your friendly neighborhood computer tech.

All else fails make the dealer fix it!
I Like you.  Do you Like me?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 02:40:06 AM »
Ditto from Canada,

Stig, I know you tried sea-foam but I wanted to suggest a product marketed specifally for cleaning fuel injection systems - any one of them should do. Please forgive me if your sea-foam is just that.

Also, have you tried dropping in the old copper spark plug?  Just a troubleshooting step from your friendly neighborhood computer tech.

All else fails make the dealer fix it!
Hey Canada & Other Friends,
SYM fellow suggested these were symptons of a failing coil.
Replaced it tonight (NOT fun - mounting screws on the outside of frame member - against body panels) - didn't help - same severe stumble at 20>35MPH.
Have been thru 3 plugs & 3 tanks of SeaFoam this week - no improvement. Done everything I can think of & I'm out of ideas. Something  quit working last week an hour into a ride.
This is my 4-season work commute car. After only 7000 miles.... - I need reliability to get me to the end of my 30 yrs & retirement (3 yrs away) of my second career. (yeah, OK I put 6K of those miles on it goofing around at sunrise with the rabbits)
I love this dumb scooter.
Hard to think of giving it to the dealer for several weeks & walking & riding the city bus again when it's not actively snowing!! You ever sit on one of those pretty Repsol CBR250's or the new CBR300....cheaper than the same size scoots! And it's a HONDA....
But I love this dumb scoot...
You guys are something else....
Stig
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:44:04 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 04:12:50 AM »
The only fuel additive a lot of OEMs allow under warranty is techron, must be a reason for that. Hope you get it solved Stig...........I wonder if that kill switch could be the problem, some times when I'm starting mine and it wants to start it'll spit and sputter. Then after flipping that switch a few times it will start right up and purr like a kitten. I'm still not sure if it was off/on at 1st. .........maybe. Read where that kill switch is a problem on these, wonder if the spark/cdi/fuel inj powers up through that switch. Need a wiring diagram......I'll see if it's in my manual.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:21:17 AM by 2wheelfun »

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 04:33:39 AM »
The only fuel additive a lot of OEMs allow under warranty is techron, must be a reason for that. Hope you get it solved Stig...........I wonder if that kill switch could be the problem, some times when I'm starting mine and it wants to start it'll spit and sputter. Then after flipping that switch a few times it will start right up and purr like a kitten. I'm still not sure if it was off/on at 1st. .........maybe. Read where that kill switch is a problem on these, wonder if the spark/cdi/fuel inj powers up through that switch. Need a wiring diagram......I'll see if it's in my manual......not there but it does say it powers the ignition circuit, could be the problem.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 08:54:16 AM »
Stig, why don´t you - at least - call the dealer and tell him about the symptoms of the scooter and your checks so far. He then either might already know what´s wrong, or he can/should ask the mechanics from the US main importer what it could be. Maybe then  they already had this kind of problem and therefore know what to do. Or they themselve then will have to ask the manufacterer in Taiwan/China....
If a halfway good dealer knows his job and is smart enough to count up to three more or less fluently, he won´t need several weeks to fix your little but nasty problem.
It´s just a fuelinjected little scooter, not a space shuttle.  :D
And the dealer might/should have a rental bike/test bike for free or litte costs for one or two days. So you won´t need the city bus either.

Keep it simple.

I am looking forward reading your report back and the outcome of that whole issue story.  :)
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »
Stig,

have it checked under warranty and be done with it. The sooner you do the sooner you can enjoy doing those naked midnight rides you are so famous for in Ohio.  :o

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 06:32:30 PM »
Been wondering about stigs scoot, was hoping to hear some news. I hope every thing is cool and it was an easy fix.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
He got pissed about something... I think there is a larger picture here.

I hope it's all good myself. Started to like the guy.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »
He was very knowledgeable about the like 200i and I appreciated his input. Anyways hope all is well. To me the like is the perfect scoot, 200i, anything bigger I'd get a 250cc m/c like a rebel or etc.........I liked Stig as a person too.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 03:07:38 AM »
You're already using Past tense... Maybe he's just hiding under the bed for awhile. Got some cookies, and made a fort?
I hope he remembers to turn off the light bulb. Bed forts go up like mobile homes.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()