Author Topic: Kymco People 150 engine  (Read 6888 times)

envious

• View Profile
Kymco People 150 engine
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:26:36 PM »
Can anyone tell me what type of 150cc engine the people 150 uses? I asked my local dealer if it is the same gy6 engine that most other chinese 150cc scooters use and he said no. However, other people have said that the p150  uses the gy6 engine.

I am looking for a scooter that has a good dealer network, parts availability, is reasonably priced, and has been in production for some time. This seems to be the scooter. I was considering a Honda SH150i, however, I believe the p150 is the better value. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

envious

DEPeople

• View Profile
Re: Kymco People 150 engine
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:12:46 AM »
The P150 is a very good choice. Kymco is or was recently affiliated with Honda, and does use the GY6 engine. The confusion comes from all the companies out there useing cheap, Chinese made copies of the GY6. The made in China 150cc scooter that You can buy on Ebay for $1,200 uses the "clone" engine, and may get You 1000 miles before it self destructs. The Kymco engine will last a lot longer. I've SEEN P150's with 20,000 + km's them, and I've heard of scoots with twice that. I have had the Chinese one, now I have a P150. The Kymco is on the quality level with the Japenese scoots, way above that of the Chineese bikes. FYI, if You want to ride at Interstate speeds, You need a 250cc. My P150 does about 60 mph.

envious

• View Profile
Re: Kymco People 150 engine
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 02:48:20 PM »

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I do plan on buying the P150. I just hope it is still in production early next year when I plan on buying it.

envious

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()