Author Topic: Brake light reversed People 150  (Read 561 times)

drewid9

• View Profile
Brake light reversed People 150
« on: July 11, 2014, 09:44:36 PM »
My brake light is on when brake levers not pulled, but brake light goes off when levers are pulled.  Rear brake shoes replaced last year but not an issue until this year. Front pads are due to be changed. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Brake light reversed People 150
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:59:09 PM »
There has to be an open ground in the circuit. The light is coming on because it is using the starter relays coil as the ground. Start at the back, and trace back the wires. I THINK it has a green, and yellow that goes to the starter relay, and the brake lever. The other side of the lever will be the power wire which is obviously working. Try removing the starter relay too. See if that shuts the light.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

drewid9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »
Thanks! Very confused when I first noticed it yesterday. It's a 2006 that I bought used 3 yrs ago from original owner and still runs great. It did spend some Montana winters outside before it became mine so I'm very surprised that this is the first major issue!

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 03:06:06 AM »
My 2005 P150 also had that problem for a short time.  Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did to fix it! :-\ I think I just made sure that all the electrical connections were tight.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()