Author Topic: Forward-mount mirrors for Xciting  (Read 1872 times)

XcitingSeoul

• Riding bikes in Seoul is my real-life video game.
    • View Profile
    • ADAM LOFBOMM VOICE
Forward-mount mirrors for Xciting
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »
New toys arrived today from Taiwan Big Scooter Shop!

I ordered a set of the forward-mount mirrors, with the hope that they would help narrow the profile of my bike to make filtering between cars in gridlock traffic a little easier. A constant necessity in a city of 23 million people who all insist on driving cars for some strange reason! I was forever slapping the cars' mirrors with my own, or having to do the 'wiggle and shimmy' dance to avoid them.

Plus, I think they look pretty bad-ass. ;)

I was all stoked to put them on myself, and then realized I didn't have the right size socket wrench for the windshield bolts. No worries, there's a bike shop on every block and my guy down the street put the on for 10 bucks!

The kit was $85 plus $20 shipping from T.B.S.S. on eBay.

Here's shots from the install:

So far so good...it's going to take a little getting used to, but it seems to be easier to glance over at the mirrors in that position- don't have to move my head at all like I did with the bar-mounted ones. The profile is not quite as narrow as I had expected, but I think it will be an improvement nonetheless. It's after rush hour here, so I won't have a chance to see if they really help with filtering in traffic until tomorrow.
“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life” ― Jack Kerouac, On the Road

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: Forward-mount mirrors for Xciting
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:12:13 PM »
Very nice !
I have a couple of boxes of carbon fiber look stuff I'm going to put as soon as I get home.
The guys at Big Taiwan are good people. Found stuff they didn't even have for me !

I was going to go for the forward mirrors but the way I ride I'd rip them off I'm no time.
Look out here I come .! Lol

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »
What is their web site? :-*

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 08:50:22 PM »
Those look cooler than hell! Had NO idea they even existed.

Thanks for sharing that. Maybe edit the title of the post to include "you have to see this". I thought it was a post asking where to buy mirrors.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()