Author Topic: only on 2 wheels  (Read 1977 times)

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
only on 2 wheels
« on: July 26, 2014, 03:02:27 AM »
So I was at work when I heard a loud noise that sounded like a tire. I walk outside and see a guy sliding through the intersection and six feet in front of him a motorcycle is sliding too. I run out and help him up and we lift his bike and get him off the road. Some mother f***er in a car cut into his lane and he could either jump into on coming traffic or dropping the bike. Sad thing is the bike still has the 60 day tag on it. I told him that sh** happens to me almost daily. People in cars just dont give a f*** who they kill. This all happend right before leaving work. So i go back to work clock out hop on my scoot and ride back out to check on the dude. By that point the police and ambulance were done with him. Well I turn around with this fresh in my head and head home. About half way home I'm stopped at a light. It turns green and I go. An old dude pulls a right from the other street and proceeds to veer across two lane and nearly takes me out. I lock up my brakes but dont eat it. So I lay on the horn and chase him down while holding up my middle finger. Out of nowhere a truck comes flying up the lane to my left. Passes me and begins to try to run the old dude off the road. He keeps swerving into his lane pushing the guy out of the lane. He then cuts in front of him and pulls a brake check. It was beautiful. I wish i could shake his hand amd buy him a beer.

TLRam1

• View Profile
Re: only on 2 wheels
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:32:28 AM »
The important thing is that you are okay.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 07:30:31 AM »
I had almost that same thing happen to me last Sunday. Going under the freeway overpass when a woman is going to turn into my lane going the same way. Doesn't stop and I almost broad side her. I swerved to the left and pass close enough that I felt her bumper with my right leg. Of course the idiot lady sees me just before I swerve and has that "oh sh**" look on her face.
    Anything other than looking where the hell there going seems to be much more important. I must love riding because I keep doing it.

Ride safe people, mscmkr

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 10:45:13 AM »
You're lucky. So is the idiot in the truck.
Trying to chase and pull a car over here would get you shot. Fast. That sort of childish activity only endangers the lives of anyone else on the road.

Be Big,
AMAC
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:47:08 AM by Amac1680 »
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »
Yes, that is not a good idea. We had more than one person come into the ER from an altercation they got into while driving. Drove the guy off the road then got there butt kicked. Not good! You have no idea what's in that car.

Really ride safe, mscmkr

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 01:23:49 AM »
So I was at work when I heard a loud noise that sounded like a tire. I walk outside and see a guy sliding through the intersection and six feet in front of him a motorcycle is sliding too. I run out and help him up and we lift his bike and get him off the road. Some mother f***er in a car cut into his lane and he could either jump into on coming traffic or dropping the bike. Sad thing is the bike still has the 60 day tag on it. I told him that sh** happens to me almost daily. People in cars just dont give a f*** who they kill. This all happend right before leaving work. So i go back to work clock out hop on my scoot and ride back out to check on the dude. By that point the police and ambulance were done with him. Well I turn around with this fresh in my head and head home. About half way home I'm stopped at a light. It turns green and I go. An old dude pulls a right from the other street and proceeds to veer across two lane and nearly takes me out. I lock up my brakes but dont eat it. So I lay on the horn and chase him down while holding up my middle finger. Out of nowhere a truck comes flying up the lane to my left. Passes me and begins to try to run the old dude off the road. He keeps swerving into his lane pushing the guy out of the lane. He then cuts in front of him and pulls a brake check. It was beautiful. I wish i could shake his hand amd buy him a beer.

The guy crossing all the way from the right lane to make a left happens here all the time in Vegas. As for the truck chasing the guy, it was a stupid thing to do. I know i could not understand what you have gone through unless I have experienced myself. We do let our emotions get to us. No matter how stupid the old guy and the truck chasing is, does not make it right. How does one know if the guy did not have a gun on him? Sometimes it is better to let it go instead of pursuing it. Trust me, karma will come around  to bite this guy in the ass.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 12:56:10 PM »
Seemed like that was the karma. I helped a biker in need and sombody helped me. Granted i wasnt in need like the biker

SgtShak

• '13 Kymco GT300i / '11 Vespa Lx150 (wifes)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
Road Rage Is a very dangerous thing and extremely hard to keep under control.  It can go really bad, really fast.  As a few guys stated...you never know who or what is in the other vehicle.  I am sure it felt very satisfying to Flip the guy "the bird" BUT it's much safer to come here and vent to your Forum Pals.   Glad you're okay.    Another thing to always keep in the back of your mind is that fine line between Road Rage and committing a crime.  (or being a witness to one) That truck running the guy off the road is completely different (intentional) than another elderly driver who just shouldn't be driving. 
Don't be afraid....It's only a scooter!

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »
We are a right to carry state and as such we assume EVERYONE is armed.
We are also a stand your ground state so we assume everyone armed could shoot if they felt at risk.

Be Big,
AMAC
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 03:15:29 PM by Amac1680 »
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

SgtShak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 06:07:51 PM »
It's a shame that we have to assume such things as someone carrying a weapon and live our lives in fear of one another.  I honestly wasn't even thinking that far into it.  But you are correct.  People these days are just mean without reservation.  Think of the incident in NYC where the motorcycle "gang" pulled the guy from his car and beat him in front of his family.  Imagine if he was carrying?  No winners there.  Live to ride another day.

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 06:45:53 PM »
I know it's cliché, but that is why I do two things.

1.  Ride like I'm invisible (believe it or not, something I learned to do as a truck driver...you would be surprised how many people 'can't see' the 70 foot long 80,000 pound vehicle while looking right at you).

2.  Dress for the crash, not the ride.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

SgtShak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 12:07:59 AM »
Well spoken....It gets no more simple than that!

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 05:55:31 AM »
I know it's cliché, but that is why I do two things.

1.  Ride like I'm invisible (believe it or not, something I learned to do as a truck driver...you would be surprised how many people 'can't see' the 70 foot long 80,000 pound vehicle while looking right at you).

2.  Dress for the crash, not the ride.

I would not think people could not the eighteen wheelers. but than again nothing surprises me in today's current culture. It is just like with cell phones. My biggest gripe are the ones who cannot literally put their phones down and they are literally are on the phone when they in the restroom. In my days we did not have any cells phones. Trust me I can call the person back after I get done my business in there.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 11:19:05 AM »
Here's were it gets hairy. If i had a legal pistol and was in a stand my ground state wouldnt i be in my right to shoot him for attempted vehicular homicide?  Im no threat to him but a gun might make me one. its all dicey and despite yohr warnings the old man was a wreckless danger that could have easily killed me. Who cares if he was packing too. I am not afraid of being shot i am afraid of being ran over. I guess i am a minority here but i f@ck him for trying to kill me by being a lazy f@ck who couldnt be bothered tp follow the law or look at what he was doing. I know in this forum my rage is not supported. Thats my 2 cents.

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 02:03:53 PM »
Here's were it gets hairy. If i had a legal pistol and was in a stand my ground state wouldnt i be in my right to shoot him for attempted vehicular homicide?  Im no threat to him but a gun might make me one. its all dicey and despite yohr warnings the old man was a wreckless danger that could have easily killed me. Who cares if he was packing too. I am not afraid of being shot i am afraid of being ran over. I guess i am a minority here but i f@ck him for trying to kill me by being a lazy f@ck who couldnt be bothered tp follow the law or look at what he was doing. I know in this forum my rage is not supported. Thats my 2 cents.
Neo, this is the best place for your rage. I was cut off by an SUV that just had to turn left. She stopped in my lane because the turn lane was full. I almost broadsided her. As I stopped 2 feet from the drivers side door, she looked at me terrified, as if I would do her harm. If she had been a guy, instead of some young girl, I would have thought about it. Instead, I wagged my finger at her and went down the road screaming into my helmet for 10 minutes. It ruined my ride by putting me in a bad mood. It also reminded me not to ride on graduation day ever again.
 I have had fantasies of carrying a pipe to break off mirrors that drivers are not using. That would only get me into trouble. Venting here is great therapy. Better here, than in front of possible witnesses. LOL.
 Be safe.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()