Author Topic: Roller weights question.  (Read 1053 times)

mi wii

• View Profile
Roller weights question.
« on: August 04, 2014, 08:49:47 PM »
Sorry if this is a redundant question, but I did a search first and didn't see it anywhere.

When I go to buy roller weights, for example, http://www.partsforscooters.com/169-219_Dr_Pulley_Roller_Weights,
am I getting a qty. of six (6) weights in the purchase of qty. one (1) for $38.99 or one (1) weight, meaning I need to order qty (6) for total of $38.99 x 6 = ~$230.00? The picture shows six weights but no where does it say getting six.

Thanks

Edit: And are the sliding weights drop in replacements for the original roller weights, or do I also have to buy a new variator (holder) as well?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:00:23 PM by mi wii »

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
Re: Roller weights question.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »
Hi,

The roller weights are always sold as a "6pack", so one (1) pack - 6 weights. = $38.99

Make sure you get also the three (3) new separator sliders with it (don't know what they are actually called); sometimes they sell them separately for about $8.00

No new pulleys required.  KNOWLEDGE required.   

What slider weights are you putting in, and for what purpose?  The actual weights are important to achieve what you desire, if chosen wrong you wasted time and money.  I did quite some testing and ended up with 18 grams Dr. Pulley for best acceleration and  top speed, But again, it depends what you are looking for.

PS: Are you SURE you can tackle this job properly?  It requires an impact wrench and a bit knowledge.  FYI: If you mess up and you damage the thread of the crank which is crucial to hold the front pulley on, it will be a major engine repair...   

mi wii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I planned on replacing with the 18g ones as you suggested here and in another thread.
I need to install a new belt, so figured now is the time.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:10:20 PM »
18g sounds good! Watch some on-line videos on You
Tube to be prepared what to do and not make mistakes....

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »
 and dont forget the lock tight blue on the nuts ,  it hurts to lose your nuts  $$$$

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()