Author Topic: starts fine, no power  (Read 583 times)

Auld.Nick

• View Profile
starts fine, no power
« on: August 05, 2014, 07:56:27 PM »
After sitting idle for the winter I started my 07 Agility and it initially ran fine (~1mile to get fresh gas).

Later in the day I took it to the bank, at a couple of stop signs I gave it gas but nothing happened, no power. After a few seconds and multiple twists of the throttle power returned and I was able to pull off.  At no time did the engine stall.

The next time I tried go for a run the scooter started fine but no power.  When I twist the throttle there is little if any change in engine speed although there is a change in engine noise.

Any idea of what my problem might be and how much it would cost to fix?

Don't think that it is related but the battery is flat, lights etc work as expected when the engine is running.

Thanks

blue

• View Profile
Re: starts fine, no power
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:03:10 PM »
If the scoot sat all winter.you may of washed some bad gas in to the carb.clean the carb and change the filter .and gas lines.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: starts fine, no power
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 12:11:06 AM »
Classic clogged idle jet, pull the carb out and clear all the passageways with a small wire and carb cleaner spray.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()