Author Topic: Parts came in for my LIKE  (Read 1281 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Parts came in for my LIKE
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:44:23 PM »
Rec'd some parts today ordered nearly a month ago from Monster.
First time I've ever had such a delay from them.
Over the next few days will fit the parts one at a time...and see what happens.
I will report back.
(I know you guys are tired of hearing about this. Me too.)
I rode it to the grocery today - because of the big capacity of the Bestem box...slight stutters continue.
What I notice is how light it is compared to the forza, and how much throttle I must add to get the same speed, and how powerful these brakes are on this light weight scooter! I could do a stoppie without half trying on this LIKE!
I sure do like the lights and added brake lights of this Bestem box.
IF I put a box on the Forza, it will be another of these $125 lighted Bestem 929's ....even though it may not be very trendy with these other Honda owners - who like to spend $400, $500 > $700 on the required rack, imported box and then the light package.  Crazy. It's a plastic box. Folks were repurchasing another expensive Givi because it is reported that the one with the silver edging keeps the following cars back further than the all black Givi when stopped in traffic. {Imagine how much better it is to have a large row of bright LEDs and a top case lighting up back there - compared ot the silver plastic band! Crazy.}
Kinda miss these mornings when I went out goofing with my LIKE....

Stig
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:44:30 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

200i

• View Profile
Re: Parts came in for my LIKE
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 12:26:39 AM »
Could you start the work tonight please...we really need to know the remedy.  Only half kidding...

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 12:27:19 AM »
What parts will you be replacing in hopes of solving your problem?

This stutters you mentioned is it the engine or could it be your CVT? Mine stutters, but only at take off if I don't apply enough throttle or when I let off on the throttle and coast down to speeds in the 10 to 20 mph range and then begin to accelerate.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 01:02:22 AM »
What parts will you be replacing in hopes of solving your problem?

This stutters you mentioned is it the engine or could it be your CVT? Mine stutters, but only at take off if I don't apply enough throttle or when I let off on the throttle and coast down to speeds in the 10 to 20 mph range and then begin to accelerate.
No, nothing which seems even remotely to do with the CVT operation.
It is a stumble while at a steady speed....I can hammer the throttle and get very good acceleration, In traffic I need that around here, if I couldn't get that I'd have to park it for safety's sake.
I enjoy working on my LIKE at leisure...it is relaxing, even when I cannot see the fault...because my engine is clean - it is a place I like spending time. I work hard for a living...so will wait for a day off morning with a cup of joe and the few tools I need to go in there....
Frankly, the toughest part to play with is the coil...it is mounted in a maddening position, unless you like pulling off all the side panels. I've made a sawed-off socket that will fit the little mounting bolts on the outside of the frame - just inside the body panel.
Most everything else is pretty simple to pull off and put back on.
(I love reading the Honda PCX forum in the 'valve adjustment' threads. These folks have 25 excuses  for why the valves never need adjusting......because you have to dismantle the scooter (including removing the tail light assembly!?) to barely cram your hands and tools in there! Nobody wants to do the valves because of the work it takes to get to them. And, they are adjusted just like our LIKE's...not with shims or discs. Our LIKE is so easy to do the major servicing on....this should continue to be a major selling point for these scoots.)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »
200i sez he's kidding. Well, I am not! I do NOT wait well even in my old age ESPECIALLY when it concerns things of this magnitude. Why, the whole world situation could cave in if we do not finally know what caused the Great Stumble on Stig's Like. (The world situation will get worse regardless!) Stig, You have riders all over the nation hanging by their finger nails waiting to find out this mystery while YOU have a cup of Joe in one hand and a dust rag in the other!

Karl

PS: Take your time, Stig. Don't worry about us. We'll be alright......hmmm.....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()