Author Topic: valve adjustment gone wrong  (Read 907 times)

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
valve adjustment gone wrong
« on: August 07, 2014, 04:19:05 AM »
Decided to do a valve adjustment today because my engine was sounding strained and odd at 3/4 to full throttle.  When i checked the valves, they were both at .08mm?  Suppose to be around .04mm?  So i tried to adjust the top one first, but the dang nut got stuck on the bolt thing.  Was wondering whats the name of that specific peice?  Valve bolt? Lol i have no clue.  Im hoping my dealer might have one in stock soi can replace it.  Tried for 2 hours to get it off, tried heating it under a candle flame, sprayed wd40, etc.  I dont have a 9mm wrench either, was using 2 vice grips and pliers lol.  Iget a 9mm tomorrow or sumthin.  Was having a heck of a time getting it precisely .04mm and then :'(BAM, nut wouldnt move.  It did get stuck at .08mm again though at least.  Test rode just to see and it sounded like a pop can stuck under a bicycle tire noise coming from muffler....But yeah, just need help with the name of that peice.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:20:53 AM by MoToFaLcon »
WTF, i have a Ninja 650!!

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
Re: valve adjustment gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:46:44 AM »
Is it called a valve adjustment screw? I think so? Well, guess i kinda found the answer myself i think? 

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 08:48:40 PM »
You may have to replace the whole valve head so you can adjust later if you hsve to.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:51:43 PM by blue »

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 12:57:23 AM »
Whole valve head?  What do ya mean blue? ???

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 08:40:55 PM »
JUST A FOLLOW UP:  Fixed it! Took valve screw from the old thunder 50 and used for my a50, perfect match. Also called a local scooter shop and they had extra screws in stock for $2, but i didnt need it. Set it to .04mm exactly, .05mm would not go in, so got em perfect, now she runs smooth as butter. Hopefully the chinese screw wont melt or vibrate loose or something, that'd be my luck.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()