Author Topic: kymco cobra cross 50cc  (Read 650 times)

kymcopurvis1

• View Profile
kymco cobra cross 50cc
« on: August 07, 2014, 09:19:24 PM »
Hello guys I'm new to this forum so thought I'd say hello

I have just got a kymco cobra cross as a project it's a little bit beat up but engine starts and runs good its totally standard apart from a technigas exhaust needs new throttle cables and they've been left sitting for 3 years or so and have stretched now engine parts etc are easy enough to find I'm just finding it extremely difficult  to find any plastics pretty much near impossible it's on an 02 plate any advice on where to get such parts (uk) would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance jack

Calothrix

• View Profile
Re: kymco cobra cross 50cc
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 03:05:52 AM »
No advice, but welcome to the forum KP1!

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: kymco cobra cross 50cc
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 03:42:42 AM »
Hello and welcome, i have had customers that needed parts for the cobra cross and Kymco has discontinued importing plastics for this scoot. After 9 years they are no longer required by law to supply parts, and this was not a high sales volume bike. You are lucky however because the engine is the same as all the other two stroke 49cc Kymcos beside the zx50 (DIO engine). Look out on eBay for parts or chop the plastics up to look cool.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()