Author Topic: Repair Manuals and information  (Read 3882 times)

speedysuper8

• View Profile
Repair Manuals and information
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:29:23 PM »
 Hey I'm new to this forum so you may already now about this but I found a company that produces KYMCO's OEM repair manuals and they are also available to anyone. The manuals are online or you can order them in print but the cool thing is they have free technical support when you buy a manual. I was having trouble adjusting my valves on my Super 8 150 so I called and they helped me out, to cool. Here is the link, I think they have all Kymco manuals and many other brands.

http://www.cyclepedia.com/

http://www.cyclepedia.com/online-manuals/kymco-atv-scooter-online-repair-manuals/

kfc.android

• View Profile
Re: Repair Manuals and information
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
I noticed them a while ago, was thinking about to get one account (all interested members can save money by sharing the cost) but I ended up using the stock repair manual instead.
Their manual seems to be well organized and more newbie friendly, so I am still interested if someone wants to share the cost to get one for DT300i

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 03:00:08 AM »
I have mine and love it. Even took the time to make and organize a 600 page pdf which is bookmarked by section and topic. Then printed it out so I can have it right beside me when working on the scoot.

Wayne

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 01:44:37 PM »
Wayne,
How much did it cost to have it printed all preaty like that?

kimura

• 2012 super 8 50cc 2t
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »
wayne , how big in mb was the pdf you purchased?

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 03:15:16 PM »
wayne , how big in mb was the pdf you purchased?
Wayne,
How much did it cost to have it printed all preaty like that?
It is 43.2 MB as it sits right now. I did not purchase a PDF, I purchased the online one from cyclepedia and painstakingly printed each page to PDF so it came out the right size. Then merged them all into one pdf and added bookmarks for every section. Then I printed it out, 3 hole punched it and dropped it into a 3" binder. I work at a commercial printer so I work with these apps everyday and did it in my "spare" time. Paper was donated by work :)

I'm kind of a stickler for copyright infringement but if you would send me a PM and you can prove you paid for the cyclepedia version, I'll send you a link to the PDF. I do not want this copy floating around because I know through meta tags it can be traced back to me.
Wayne

speedysuper8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 05:34:41 PM »
I'm with ya wkreps on the  copyright infringement, You can spend a life time searching for free illegal information. For the price and the technical support its well worth paying for the information getting it instantly and being backed by the people who created it. Not to mention saving money and the satisfaction of doing your own work. Like I said they will print you a copy at cyclepedia.com but I think its black and white, not nearly as nice as the one u made!

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 07:49:20 PM »
Went to the site, ready to sign up, but no '07 xciting 250.  Just the xciting 500ri and 500 abs.

Will continue my search (and yes, I know it's the same engine as others, and I will go that route if I have to, but would rather have on specific to my model as body parts are part of it and those are different).
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 06:05:33 AM »
Sometime back I signed up for their lifetime service for the Like200i online manual. It's not a bad manual, but it is not as detailed as I would like it. It's great for routine maintence.

speedysuper8

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 05:44:23 PM »
Did your Like 200i manual have color photos?

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 12:18:37 AM »
It is 43.2 MB as it sits right now. I did not purchase a PDF, I purchased the online one from cyclepedia and painstakingly printed each page to PDF so it came out the right size. Then merged them all into one pdf and added bookmarks for every section. Then I printed it out, 3 hole punched it and dropped it into a 3" binder. I work at a commercial printer so I work with these apps everyday and did it in my "spare" time. Paper was donated by work :)

I'm kind of a stickler for copyright infringement but if you would send me a PM and you can prove you paid for the cyclepedia version, I'll send you a link to the PDF. I do not want this copy floating around because I know through meta tags it can be traced back to me.

Wkreps, what does the manual you bought say about bleeding the outlet hose of the oil pump.

The service manual I have says disconnect the hose and bend to a U-shape but doesn't tell you which end to disconnect. It also fails to realize the outlet hose has a Y-connector with 1 hose into the carb and the other the cylinder head. It tells you to run the engine until oil pumps out but then why would you pour oil in the hose from the outlet side then.

Its all very confusing if you as me, would the manual you have do a better job of telling you how to bleed the pump.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 01:36:32 PM »
Wkreps, what does the manual you bought say about bleeding the outlet hose of the oil pump.

The service manual I have says disconnect the hose and bend to a U-shape but doesn't tell you which end to disconnect. It also fails to realize the outlet hose has a Y-connector with 1 hose into the carb and the other the cylinder head. It tells you to run the engine until oil pumps out but then why would you pour oil in the hose from the outlet side then.

Its all very confusing if you as me, would the manual you have do a better job of telling you how to bleed the pump.
Are you talking the oil pump that is for gas/oil mix (2stroke) or engine oil pump? If it is the 2 stroke I can't help you cause my manual is for 4 stroke only.
Wayne

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 04:13:58 PM »
I'm a 2T. The service manual for bleeding the 2t oil pump is a bit vague and makes me feel dumb. Just bought some synthetic oil and was hoping to drain the oil res and bleed system. Guess I'll get a turkey baster from walmart.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:19:00 PM by Chris0381 »
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 05:29:14 AM »
Did your Like 200i manual have color photos?

If you're talking about the Cyclepedia
Like manual, yes it's in color.

artbell

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 08:50:24 PM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()