Author Topic: wire  (Read 5949 times)

scoot1234

• 31 yr. old hudsband and father of 4
    • View Profile
wire
« on: October 06, 2009, 09:06:24 AM »
what does the R/B(red with black) wire leading out of the alternator(stator) do and where does it hook up to ? this is for a agility 50 cc.  Is it hot going in or hot going out ? my volt meter broke can't afford new one. thanks
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:08:55 AM by scoot1234 »
I love this forum! It's the best i have found; Very informative, especially because of knowledable peeps.ex.: 'wordslinger', 'shaka', 'Axy' or 'Zombie' just to name four...

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: wire
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 06:05:48 PM »
I looked in the manual and couldn't find a red wire with black tracer.  If I am reading the diagram correctly there should be a white wire leading from the generator to the regulator, and another wire (probably green, doesn't say) leading to ground.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 06:44:30 PM »
..same here...don't see that r/b wire on the prints...the other wire from the acg is yellow, and it too goes to the regulator, as well as the auto bystarter and light switch..

..hmmm...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:53:43 PM »
oh yeah, totally missed the yellow one!  ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »
The bla/rd goes to the main harness (near the battery), and leads to the positive coil input. When the pulsar coil is triggered blu/yel this switches the ground signal to the coil thru the cdi to fire the coil
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 07:30:20 PM »
The bla/rd goes to the main harness (near the battery), and leads to the positive coil input. When the pulsar coil is triggered blu/yel this switches the ground signal to the coil thru the cdi to fire the coil

..now I gotta look at MY scoot...cuz I still cant find that wire on the schematic..

...dang...

>:(

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 01:23:22 AM »
I don't think you will have that wire slinger, I'm referring to the 2 stk.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 02:24:04 AM »
Do they make a 2-stroke agility 50?  I thought they were all 4's.  ???

scoot1234

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 05:01:01 AM »
what does the R/B(red with black) wire leading out of the alternator(stator) do and where does it hook up to ? this is for a agility 50 cc.  Is it hot going in or hot going out ? my volt meter broke can't afford new one. thanks
do you think if i hook the the B/r to the L/Y it will run, since the B/R pulses the coil -L/Y(blue /yellow)? I don,t know why,but, in this same area the blue/white is connected to the blue and yellow. right now now i,m geting nothinig but a horn and turn signals. that red/ black wire has to hook some where. i see nothing. it, s just coming out of the stator harness cut hanging there.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:53:59 AM by scoot1234 »
I love this forum! It's the best i have found; Very informative, especially because of knowledable peeps.ex.: 'wordslinger', 'shaka', 'Axy' or 'Zombie' just to name four...

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 07:23:51 AM »
Do they make a 2-stroke agility 50?  I thought they were all 4's.  ???

A lot of 50cc 2stroke Agilitys where I live.
Also People 50cc 2stroke. :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 11:07:48 AM »
...wow..I've never even heard of an Agility 2-stroke... :o

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 06:21:58 PM »
The bla/red dosen't "pulse the coil, it energizes it. The blu/yel pulses the cdi which in turn provides the negative pulse the triggers the coil to fire. Is your scoot a 2 or 4 stk? If it's 4 then the bla/rd dosen't have a use on yours. You will HAVE to pick up a cheap ohm/ volt meter to find the problem w/ your scoot. You can find them at home centers for around $20.00 now. I will try to help w step by step trouble shooting, but you need to take some basic readings to find it

scoot1234

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 06:55:48 PM »
The bla/red dosen't "pulse the coil, it energizes it. The blu/yel pulses the cdi which in turn provides the negative pulse the triggers the coil to fire. Is your scoot a 2 or 4 stk? If it's 4 then the bla/rd dosen't have a use on yours. You will HAVE to pick up a cheap ohm/ volt meter to find the problem w/ your scoot. You can find them at home centers for around $20.00 now. I will try to help w step by step trouble shooting, but you need to take some basic readings to find it
O. K. I do know my scoot is a 4 stroke when i get $ i,ll get a meter thanks other than that my cdi loked kinda bad with a crack on the side  and some one cut to de restrict i could have a bad cdi huh? since the B/R is moot?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
It's funny you got this last post, because I was looking for it to make a correction. The bla/rd powers the cdi AC v. I don't believe this will apply to your scoot, but look at the wires going to your cdi. See if there is a bla/rd on the harness. If so you can trace it back to its source. Also If your cdi is cracked it is a SURE sign it has been overheated, most likely TOAST. You will still need the meter to trouble shoot further

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 10:52:03 PM »
I got a cheap volt meter at harbour freight for $3, and it's digital w/ a backlight!  Seems like a great deal, at least it hasn't broken yet!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()