Author Topic: Super 8 150 Problem Please Help  (Read 2338 times)

KymcoRider26

• View Profile
Super 8 150 Problem Please Help
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:14:45 AM »
I have a used 2012 Kymco Super 8 150 and have never had any problems with it until now. Yesterday it rained pretty heavy throughout the day and I took my scooter to work and left it out in the rain without a cover. To make a long story short when I left work it started up fine with the electric start but when I was riding home I went to turn down a street and noticed the turn signals were not working. I got home and kept it parked in my driveway until the next day when I went to take it to work again and this is where the problems start. I turned the key to the ON position and nothing happened ... No clock came on, the fuel needle didn't move, no electronics came on. I figured the wires must of got wet from the rain the previous day so I tried to use the kick starter and that didn't even work either. I tried to kick start it at least 30 times and each time not a single thing. I'm not mechanically inclined so I have no idea what it could be but if the kick start isn't working along with the electric start then doesn't that mean the starter is shot? Either that or maybe it could be the battery? I have no idea so please if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it this is how I get to work right now and until I get it running again I have to walk.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:19:08 AM by KymcoRider26 »

Tierney

• View Profile
Re: Super 8 150 Problem Please Help
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 02:48:39 AM »
First thing I would check would be the main fuse between the battery and the switch.

ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 02:55:03 AM »
Sounds like something may have shorted out due to the rain. Open the battery compartment at the bottom of the floorboard and check your fuses. You have three of them and maybe one or more are blown. If so, you have replacements in the compartment so replace any blown fuse(s) with the appropriate amperage fuse. I believe two are 10Amps and one is 7Amps. Hopefully this will be a simple fix.
2013 Super8 150

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 04:47:03 PM »
Had the same thing happen to my 2012 Super 8 150. It's the 7 amp fuse blown. It will keep blowing the 7 amp fuse over and over.
When you run out of spares, you may not be able to find more.
I went to every bike shop and every auto parts store in my area, and no one carried a 7 amp glass fuse.
I replaced it with a 7.5 amp fuse, which was the closest I could find anywhere, and it hasn't blown since.

Duke- 8)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »
Had the same thing happen to my 2012 Super 8 150. It's the 7 amp fuse blown. It will keep blowing the 7 amp fuse over and over.
When you run out of spares, you may not be able to find more.
I went to every bike shop and every auto parts store in my area, and no one carried a 7 amp glass fuse.
I replaced it with a 7.5 amp fuse, which was the closest I could find anywhere, and it hasn't blown since.

Duke- 8)

I bought the 7A replacement fuse on Ebay. BUSSMANN AGX-7A, Five for $7.35 and free shipping.
Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-BUSSMANN-AGX-7A-BP-AGX-7A-BK-AGX-7A-Fast-Blow-GLASS-Fuse-7A-250V-1-4-x-1-/161131093988?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2584295fe4
2013 Super8 150

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 01:43:09 AM »
If in a bind , I assume you could always use a higher fuse or maybe lower fuse but not by much. I guess one could also install a flat automotive type inline fuse as a replacement.

Even when I had my cover on, my battery compartment got wet after a heavy rain.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()