Author Topic: theres an extra set of lights on the head lamp that arnt wired up  (Read 2561 times)

amccraw0

• View Profile
i was replacing my head light bulb and saw there are two small lights that are not wired has anyone wired these up ???

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: theres an extra set of lights on the head lamp that arnt wired up
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 05:02:02 PM »
..those are turn signals that are not DOT approved in the US..

..You can connect the brown wire to either the blue (hi beam) or white (low beam) of your headlamp...

..however, if you do, you should change out the small lamps with LEDs...the lamps were not designed to burn all the time..

..if wired in the headlamp curcuit, they will cause a noticable dimming of the headlamp, tail lamp and especially when using your turn signals....

..also the heat they generate may damage the reflective surface inside the headlamp housing..

..Install LEDs and there is no adverse effect to any of the other lamps...

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 07:10:29 PM »
On my zx/50 there are a pair of daytime running lights. They are mounted in the same casing as the headlight. They also operate off the headlight control switch. First click does the driving lights, second does the headlight. Mine were hooked up when I bought the scoot in FLA.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:13:13 PM »
On my zx/50 there are a pair of daytime running lights. They are mounted in the same casing as the headlight. They also operate off the headlight control switch. First click does the driving lights, second does the headlight. Mine were hooked up when I bought the scoot in FLA.

..i wish that was true for my agility...I wired them in, hoping for brighter light up front...

...boy was I wrong..lol..

:-\
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »
Zombie- On my zx50 those lights turn on with the first click, but not the headlight.  When I go to the next click the headlight turns on, but the running lights go off.  Is that the same as yours, or do the running lights stay on with the headlight on the second click?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 01:29:30 AM »
same as yours Bro...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 02:26:39 AM »
Cool, just making sure mine were doing what they are supposed too.  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()