Author Topic: New member here from Kentucky  (Read 5206 times)

Likescooten

• Viet Nam, 65'-66' Big Red One, love classic cars
  • Like 200i 50th Anniversary Gold Scooter
    • View Profile
Re: New member here from Kentucky
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
Karl, where do you put the horn? I have a Buddy 175 horn that is loud that I want to install on the new Like I will be getting but would love some information on installing this. The Buddy 175 horn is also loud. I got it off ebay. They said it came off of a 2014 Buddy. I pray there is no more wars. At least when they come home they get a hero's welcome as they should. You know how we were treated. Also want to thank everyone for their service. We were just doing what our country asked us to do. 
You don't stop playing because  you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Likescooten

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 09:55:46 PM »
I am 6' and 245# so not so small. Love the lights on the box. Good looking bike but unlike you-will not be riding in the snow.  :-\ Great looking job on the seat. Did you do it yourself?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:01:21 PM by Likescooten »
You don't stop playing because  you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 12:36:11 AM »
I am 6' and 245# so not so small. Love the lights on the box. Good looking bike but unlike you-will not be riding in the snow.  :-\ Great looking job on the seat. Did you do it yourself?
You might be in that 40-mins-max-seat-time range.
A few of us have rebuilt our seats - and some lucky fellows have had a pro do it.
Some posts re. the LIKE seat rebuilds:

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=10009.msg104103#msg104103

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=10262.msg107370#msg107370
We'll need pictures of your new scoot!
Regards, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Likescooten

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 12:52:31 AM »
Stig, when I get the bike I will surely be putting some pictures on here for sure. Do those lower lights come on with all the likes? I see yours is lit up. Also, thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:54:04 AM by Likescooten »

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 01:57:47 PM »
By what I hear about the seat might not want to go any further than a mile or two.  :)

The seats are not that bad. Riding around local you probably will not notice any discomfort.
If you stay in the saddle for hours, it gets uncomfortable.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 02:51:04 PM »
Stig, when I get the bike I will surely be putting some pictures on here for sure. Do those lower lights come on with all the likes? I see yours is lit up. Also, thanks for the info.
The lower front lights come on - I tried LEDs in there - went back to good 5W amber  reg. bulbs - these are very visible from the front - looks like a Harely coming at you! Those amber, upper areas are for the rest of the world's turn signals - we get the added stalks. There's a post in the LIKE area for getting at these bulbs = through the back of the glove box and under the front fender. No need to take the panels off. There's a whole lot of stuff re. working on this scoot in the history of the LIKE section.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 03:57:44 PM »
Welcome aboard. You'll enjoy the Like. It's a great city cruiser. It does nicely up to about 50 to 55 mph before it begins to feel like it has reached its limits. I find riding at 45 mph and below to be its sweet-spot. I'm 5'9" and 215 lbs. I can ride for at least an hour or two before needing to get off and take a 5 minute stretch.

I look forward to your pictures.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »
I saw on the Buddy site that they have wires and even on Utube it shows you how to hook up the lower turn signals up to either run as running lights or extra turn signals. Must be harder to do on the Like. The Buddy also has everything behind front cover to just hook up very easy. The wires are there just taped down. I am all for safety. I think this would help.
Welcome Likescooten.

For me, If I bought the 50th Anniversary model, I'd leave it stock.
Wayne

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2014, 05:04:40 PM »
Likescooten, that horn went in the top, machine left corner of the leg shield. Ya gotta remove the front cover anyway to get at the wimpy OEM horn anyway. I used the relay supplied with the Wolo horn and fished a #12 red wire to the battery with a fuse. You got the Buddy horn from ebay so it probably did not come with a relay. No problem since any auto parts store has these 12 volt relays by the bushel. What YOU gotta do is hook the original horn wires directly to the relay coil. Don't worry the circuit diagram is molded into the relay box. The "hot"wire to the horn go to the Normally Open (NO) contacts on the relay and then to the horn. The other wire to the horn goes to ground. All these connections are 1/4" push-on even from Taiwan! Post if you have problems.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Likescooten

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2014, 05:07:39 PM »
Welcome Likescooten.

For me, If I bought the 50th Anniversary model, I'd leave it stock.

I think you are right. I will keep it stock because like you said "It is the 50th anniversary model". (Except for the horn) Thanks' for the welcome. Glad I found this site. Very helpful.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:23:46 PM by Likescooten »

Likescooten

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 05:12:50 PM »
Likescooten, that horn went in the top, machine left corner of the leg shield. Ya gotta remove the front cover anyway to get at the wimpy OEM horn anyway. I used the relay supplied with the Wolo horn and fished a #12 red wire to the battery with a fuse. You got the Buddy horn from ebay so it probably did not come with a relay. No problem since any auto parts store has these 12 volt relays by the bushel. What YOU gotta do is hook the original horn wires directly to the relay coil. Don't worry the circuit diagram is molded into the relay box. The "hot"wire to the horn go to the Normally Open (NO) contacts on the relay and then to the horn. The other wire to the horn goes to ground. All these connections are 1/4" push-on even from Taiwan! Post if you have problems.

Karl

Thanks' Crossbolt. I thought it would just hook up to where you took off the old horn.  Man, I sure am glad I found this site. Everyone is so helpful. Thanks' guys

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 10:03:06 PM »
The Buddy horn like the "Wolo" is a motor driven air horn and I think it draws more current than the stock squeaker so that's why the 12 gage wire and fuse direct to the battery and the relay. Hate to hear you had burned wires by hooking it directly!

Karl 
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 11:54:05 PM »
Howdy John, if you go to youtube and search "financialrider like 200i" you should see a couple vids on it, not sure if it'll help with your hard seat question?  They guys channel name is FinancialRider. Has some vids of the cbr250r and cb500r as well.  He's a buddy of mine in the virtual world, he could use an extra view count lol!!  His mic is pretty crappy though, may have to adjust volume-warning!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:09:53 AM by MoToFaLcon »
WTF, i have a Ninja 650!!

Likescooten

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 12:04:34 AM »
The Buddy horn like the "Wolo" is a motor driven air horn and I think it draws more current than the stock squeaker so that's why the 12 gage wire and fuse direct to the battery and the relay. Hate to hear you had burned wires by hooking it directly!

Karl

Here is the picture of the Buddy 125 horn. It's not the air horn.

Also, Motofalcon, thanks for the information, I will check it out.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:08:36 AM by Likescooten »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 08:18:22 PM »
That horn should mount right in place of the OEM horn and may not require a relay. The "Wolo" type horn is quite a bit bigger.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()