Author Topic: Stiffed  (Read 4672 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Stiffed
« on: September 03, 2014, 11:07:47 AM »
  If any of you know Kbshaq on this forum, tell him thank you for stiffing me. He E-mailed me requesting a copy disc for the 300GTI service manual. I mailed it right out to him in California and that's the last I heard from him. The $5.00 is no big deal, but dishonesty is.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

nushipwright

• View Profile
Re: Stiffed
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:02:18 PM »
that is just sad....
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”  - Mark Twain
. mostly 2up city

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
  If any of you know Kbshaq on this forum, tell him thank you for stiffing me. He E-mailed me requesting a copy disc for the 300GTI service manual. I mailed it right out to him in California and that's the last I heard from him. The $5.00 is no big deal, but dishonesty is.

Yeah that's not cool.
Now if I were to take it out another level unless you own the rights to said manual then distribution is also dishonest, and illegal.

Slippery slope just say'n ! ;)

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 07:51:32 PM »
Yeah that's not cool.
Now if I were to take it out another level unless you own the rights to said manual then distribution is also dishonest, and illegal.

Slippery slope just say'n ! ;)

Be Big,
AMAC

Tell that to my dealer. He was glad to "distribute" to me for $20.00. The only thing I charge members for is the cost of the blank disc and postage. I'm not a crook, I'm trying to help out other members. If that's the worst thing I've done, I can live with it.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 07:55:20 PM »

Tell that to my dealer. He was glad to "distribute" to me for $20.00. The only thing I charge members for is the cost of the blank disc and postage. I'm not a crook, I'm trying to help out other members. If that's the worst thing I've done, I can live with it.

I hear you , trust me I've done far worse. Just bust'n some jewels.
I did find the "I'm not a crook" line funny.......

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

Trucker jay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 12:09:00 AM »
Is that the same one that you can download for free from kymco USA  ?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 06:29:39 AM »
This thread has the potential to go nuclear! Taiwan does not recognize copyright laws, or at least didn't the last time I was there in the early 70's so the service manuals are not copyrighted. That is why MOST dealers it seems will e-mail a pdf as a freebie.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 09:29:38 AM »
This thread has the potential to go nuclear! Taiwan does not recognize copyright laws, or at least didn't the last time I was there in the early 70's so the service manuals are not copyrighted. That is why MOST dealers it seems will e-mail a pdf as a freebie.

Karl

Just for a hoot this is from my copy.

Of course I guess by letter of the law I'm now in "violation"...... ;D

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 03:24:17 PM »

Karl

Cyclepedia is a US company, they would be pissed if they knew dealers were selling digital copies.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

kbshaq

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 06:18:30 PM »
Mike,
Just saw this post ....
What?  I stiffed you?  :)

Hmmmmmmm ...  You got the $20, right?  (i got your PM, which I can c&P ... more than you asked for)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 11:07:08 PM »
Mike,
Just saw this post ....
What?  I stiffed you?  :)

Hmmmmmmm ...  You got the $20, right?  (i got your PM, which I can c&P ... more than you asked for)

Sorry I owe you a apology. I made this post when the first tape was lost somewhere. I sent it and didn't hear anything from you, so I thought you stiffed me. Turns out the tape was lost in postage. I sent you another. You paid me. All is good! Sorry about the mixup.

Budz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 04:35:15 PM »
  Sorry I owe you a apology. I made this post when the first tape was lost somewhere. I sent it and didn't hear anything from you, so I thought you stiffed me. Turns out the tape was lost in postage. I sent you another. You paid me. All is good! Sorry about the mixup.

Given this new info. the forum moderator should delete this entire thread to preserve kbshaq's good name...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 04:44:30 PM »
No way!
This is pure GOLD!

I'm happy to hear it sorted out. There has never once during my time here been a member that "stiffed" another member. They have all sorted out for the best.

BUT now we have a full fledged pirate on our hands... Oh the humanity! Got your foot stuck in that door did'nt ya?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:46:16 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 06:13:58 PM »
Given this new info. the forum moderator should delete this entire thread to preserve kbshaq's good name...

I agree. It was a simple mix up that was rectified to everyones satisfaction.
Some may read the first part of this post and not the last part.
Also, I get aggravated with members jumping on mrmike.
All the man is trying to do is help other members. We should appreciate his efforts.
He is not making any money.
I wouldn't go to that much trouble for a lousy $5. , would you?.

mrmike and Kbshaq have shook hands. All is fine.

Moderators: Please delete this thread.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:18:36 PM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 09:46:33 PM »
I didn't see this as any sort of "gang bang".
Just some good natured poking is all.

Actually Mr. Mike, can delete his posts if he likes. The option is on the top right of every post. I still think this is pure gold.

Just had to be BigMac to see the humor in all this.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:48:30 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()