Author Topic: TROLLING  (Read 5004 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
TROLLING
« on: September 09, 2014, 10:42:31 PM »
I've heard people refer to being 'trolled' on forums....
I was not certain I knew what that meant - so I had to look it up. I found variations on the meaning, but this is the one I've seen in action on two scooter forums by 3 members.

"TROLLING: Being a pr_ck on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on a by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can."

Some add this: "sometimes it is in the guise of being helpful or informative....but really it just a cynical remark."
In EVERY instance, the overwhelming constant is anger. "The troller is an angry person. And their anger fairly oozes out of them in every interaction."

I handle this by refusing to read any post from these 3 people.

Riding my scooter makes me happy. Riding to Tim Horton's for coffee and a donut at sunrise makes me fairly delirious!
This shot, sitting at the Tim Horton patio table, is a favorite!

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
Re: TROLLING
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 01:23:25 AM »
I thought Tim Horton was only in Canada. I am sure their coffee is wonderful. I do love my Dunkin Doughnuts for breakfast and doughnuts of course.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 01:41:23 AM »
I thought Tim Horton was only in Canada. I am sure their coffee is wonderful. I do love my Dunkin Doughnuts for breakfast and doughnuts of course.
No D.D. 'round these parts partner' or I'd never've crossed the border!
No, actually I have been a big fan of D.D. for 45 yrs.....in Mass. (I hit the one in Fla. every morning on vacation)
But there are none around here.....also, the Horton coffee is a wee bit stronger, which I like.
And they no longer scream and hit the floor when I come in ATGATT at 5:00 AM.
 (It's too much hassle taking all that stuff off just to look presentable to a donut lady for 5 mins. at 0'dark:30)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 02:58:43 AM »

Being a New Englander I love my DD too.  However, when I lived in Columbus Ohio, we had Tim Hortons there.  I wasn't a fan, however, they did have a pretty good soup with the bowl made out of bread.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 11:57:21 AM »
Didn't Tim Hortons's buy out Best Eating Donuts ?
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:48:46 PM »
Didn't Tim Hortons's buy out Best Eating Donuts ?

Burger King just bought Tim Hortons' so they can move Corporate Offices to Canada and avoid paying as much taxes as in U.S. . I will no longer visit either one .

Like my own coffee better anyway (and don't pay taxes on the coffee I make  ;)  ) .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 01:53:28 PM »
You guys need to re read the forum rules... Try to stay on topic PLEASE.

Come on Stig... Who's on your sh** list?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »
I like Cheeseburgers ;)

Sam 8)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 06:31:19 PM »
You guys need to re read the forum rules... Try to stay on topic PLEASE.

Come on Stig... Who's on your sh** list?
Hello Zombie,
Good to hear from you again.
No.....Trollers love it when you give them any attention...that gives them their biggest buzz.
I discussed this topic with my 2 teens last evening. They knew exactly what trolling is....and gave me several good examples which helped me understand what it is and how prevalent it is on the internet.

I said, so it is best not to shine any light on them? My daughter said, "Well, you can try that - but most of them already live like mean little mushrooms."

I'm having a great Keurig Tim Horton's - and getting ready to change the oil on my scoot.
Good times!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 07:22:36 PM »
It's good to hear from you too.
Now I can't tell if I am umber one on the list or not on it at all. Well played Mr. Brunson. (Doyle Brunson WPT Champ.).

I have been banned from my share of forums for speaking up to idiots, ass kissing moderators, and violating link policies (linking to better deals than the forum owner provides).
You all have seen this thousands of times... Someone signs up with a bad attitude, and... What you have to keep in mind is the same rules apply for us as trolls. You can choose to play into their hand or you can make the game Dealers Choice. Either way we are all at the same table.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 09:49:30 PM »
Burger King just bought Tim Hortons' so they can move Corporate Offices to Canada and avoid paying as much taxes as in U.S. . I will no longer visit either one .

Like my own coffee better anyway (and don't pay taxes on the coffee I make  ;)  ) .

Burger Kings effective tax rate currently is 25%, in Canada it will be 26.5%...it wasn't a tax dodge for 1.5%
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 11:05:32 PM »
   our news here is tim wants a opening into the usa market, and willing to pay for it,  and I don't drink coffee   hot choc. for me,  to old to drink my fav.  rum, rye, gin,       don't like beer,. up in the high artic we got beer that was frozen and that turns it skunky, so we lost the taste for beer,.    408 sqad. RCAF,   Lancaster bombers

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »
This Kymco Forum is by far the least Troll infested place on all of the internet. Most sites, if you need to find trolls 80% of comments on Youtube are by trolls, are full of them. People here actually interact not just argue over semantics. Mostly good to ignore them, but every once and a while it is hard to resist feeding the trolls and having a good laugh when you can tell they are so mad their about to explode!!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 11:36:57 PM »
   our news here is tim wants a opening into the usa market, and willing to pay for it,  and I don't drink coffee   hot choc. for me,  to old to drink my fav.  rum, rye, gin,       don't like beer,. up in the high artic we got beer that was frozen and that turns it skunky, so we lost the taste for beer,.    408 sqad. RCAF,   Lancaster bombers
Thanks for your service de dee,
My Dad was a navigator in bombers & stayed on with the occupation forces in Germany after the war. My mom joined him from the States, and my brother and I were born in US Army hospitals in Germany.
Much later I rode standing up on my Dad's Cushman scooter --- he kept it on the plane for when they went TDY around N. America, Puerto Rico, Greenland, Iceland, the U.K., etc..

My wife & I joined the squadron's reunion dinner held at the U.S. AirForce Museum years ago....To hear those guys sharing their flying adventures was an amazing experience for me (Dad never talked about the war).... scary and funny as only a bunch of old servicemen can talk.
One example :Dark night over the channel - the new  navigator steered them so poorly the moon passed down each side of the plane on the flight headed for Holland. They just let him go til he got it sorted out. Then dropped their load on some flounders and RTB'd due to fuel issues.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 12:39:25 AM »
Back to burgers, whoppers are the best chain burger out there. World wide chain ok.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()