Author Topic: S9 AC trouble.  (Read 6164 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: S9 AC trouble.
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 03:10:43 AM »
That's a great bike, and the price is very fair. I was seriously considering one. I wound up building up my ZX 50 instead. 5k, and 82 mph but I havent riden it in close to a year. Just a few rides now, and then.

Rich's SR took about a year to build, and it wound up that every part had to be hand made. It is a turbo (Zenith I think). Every part was machined/fitted/tuned to his design. Right down to custom built injectors, and the software that runs the computer.

At one point we talked about me replicating all the body panels in CF for the bike but another 5k put that out of the ball park. Plus I couldn't travel to Texas for 3 weeks (seven mean ass dogs to take care of).

If you do go for the Ape, talk to Rich first. He may be able to help you out.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 12:15:02 AM »
Thanks. The S9 was my second choice but since I couldn't secure financing on the SR, I passed. Plus I got my S9 for cheap money considering its practically brand new.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 10:06:01 AM »
Even tho they are completely different bikes, they are both capable of competing w/ each other. depending on the builder it is anyones guess which would win in any sort of contest.

I sort of would have liked to get my mitts on one but it would (once again) be money I would rather spend elsewhere.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2015, 02:29:11 AM »
Update:  So after a very long and cold PA winter, the weather has finally warmed up enough to break the bike out and get to tinkering. The last several days have been in the 60s/low 70's here so it's perfect Temps to finally get the carb jetted and adjusted properly.As you may recall I atempted this endeavor last fall with poor results (attributed to 30s- 40s degree temps)  Well I am very excited to say that I have the PB 14 dialed in to perfection! With the help of my installed digital tachometer and a digital scale courtesy of harborfreight, I have even been able to get the mysterious stock roller weights identified and total weight known. Since I'm limited on my "on hand" roller selection, I made a few ball park weight combos. According to the stock weights I should be In the 50g range. After weighing each of my weights for true weight I was able to better fine tune my total mass. Despite what the manufacturers say, the weights are pretty varied from one weight to another (not just labeled weight) I've found "6.5" weights to be 7.0 and "7.0" to be 8.3 etc...  I'm not just talking the cheap China weights. I've found this on a set of Dr pulley rollers as well. So I strongly suggest getting a cheap scale and take to time to weigh and group your rollers/sliders. Any-who I tried a few groups in the 51.2g range and a 42g range. The 42.5 was a great base and after tuning a bit I'm in the 44.3 range and it seems to respond nicely. I suppose now all I have left to do is ride the crap out of it 😊

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()