Author Topic: Best setup for agility 50 no hills in my area some parts bought already  (Read 1326 times)

lee3272

• View Profile
So far i have bought - 5.5g rollers set of stock 6.5g - conti spring stock 850rpm and a 1000rpm and 1500rpm - 82mm jet and stock 80mm jet im using a restricted cdi out of a sym jet4 not sure if this is suitable also have stock cdi is it worth cutting wire?
Do i need to change stock variator and clutch will this gain anything?
Where i live is totally flat no hills i want really good acceleration with good pickup and good top end 40ish 
cheers

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Best setup for agility 50 no hills in my area some parts bought already
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 07:23:48 AM »
All the parts you have will work fine except the Sym CDI. That CDI is for a QMB 139, and will not work on the agility UNLESS you have one of the agility's that came w/ a QMB engine.

There is a Massive thread here that has everything you would ever want to know about getting the most out of you Agility. Try the search, and see if you can find it. I think it is something like Complete guide to de-restricting Agil... Maybe someone else remembers where the thread is...

Welcome to the forum!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

lee3272

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 07:47:16 AM »
Ok ive cut the wire in original cdi could see the copper wire yet to try
 Ive read the thread on how to derestrict the agility was just wondering on setup as everyone seems to set theres up for hills
Just wondering if anyones setup for quick acceleration and pickup   
Also forgot i have the smooth boss

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 09:07:51 AM »
Truth is these 50cc 4 strokes have no acceleration. What you have is about the best it gets.
There are 50mm kits available but all they do is increase torque, and a little better top MPH. If you really want a bike that jumps off the line, then a 2 stroke is what you need.

The thread you read talking about hill climbing directly relates to the best you can do with these bikes because the stiffer contra spring will hold a lower gear ratio longer.

Just guessing but I believe a stock 50cc 4t does 15-20 seconds to top speed. Using the modification we all use here it is about 10-15 seconds. I never clocked it but I think the numbers are close.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 03:27:43 PM »
Tuning your bike for acceleration is the same as tuning it to rip uphill.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()