Author Topic: oil change  (Read 4910 times)

scooterman

• View Profile
oil change
« on: October 12, 2009, 02:42:31 PM »
I have 250 grand vista I'm looking to do oil change on it .Which i have never done on a scooter before .So if someone  can possibly
give me a step by step how to do it please. And is there a filter on this bike. Thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: oil change
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:01:37 PM »
I'm sure someone else here can help you, and if you surf around a little you can find a service manual for your scoot for free.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 10:17:31 PM »
Hi,
It's pretty simple to change the oil on the scooters, if you want the manual I sell them at my shop I could email it or send it to you, I have them for all the Kymco scooters and atv's. But if you're just looking for simple instructions I can give them to you no  problem. Oh and btw, the filter is a screen filter and does not need to be replaced. w/b Mike

scooterman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 02:50:37 AM »
Thinks mike i found my manual ,and it has a step by step in it looks very simple but how do you take out the screen too clean and what do you use to clean it the screen.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 08:05:45 AM »
Thinks mike i found my manual ,and it has a step by step in it looks very simple but how do you take out the screen too clean and what do you use to clean it the screen.

Just remove the screw, the wire mesh is inside.
Use simple gasoline, compressed air or water (but let it dry).

My A125 has 12.500 km and at oil changes at 10.000 and 12.000 kms there were absolutely no traces of metal shears and debris inside the wire mesh.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 09:29:13 PM »
Just remove the screw, the wire mesh is inside.
Use simple gasoline, compressed air or water (but let it dry).

My A125 has 12.500 km and at oil changes at 10.000 and 12.000 kms there were absolutely no traces of metal shears and debris inside the wire mesh.

..In nearly two years, and countless oil changes, I've never seen anything in my screen...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

scooterman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 12:31:19 AM »
I change the oil on my scooter today i used shell Rotella t synthetic 5w40 heavy duty oil 1Gal for 19 .99 .Everything seem to be good so far .I put stablelizer in the gas and  I went for a ride for about 20 mins then i checked the dipstick and add a little more it took all together about liter a little more or a little less . Oh yeah i couldn't find this screen that the manual is talk about where is it
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:34:17 AM by scooterman »

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 05:25:00 AM »
the oil screen scars me - you could throw a cat through it - wish there was a real filter.  No wonder no one ever sees anything in it.

:)>>
:)>>

scooterman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 05:05:49 AM »
I still haven't found the oil screen yet i kind of gave up on it, is it on the bottom of the motor or on the side with the drain plug.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 07:46:00 AM »
I still haven't found the oil screen yet i kind of gave up on it, is it on the bottom of the motor or on the side with the drain plug.

Yep, that's where it is. It lives inside a big spring that pushes the drain plug out the minute you get past its last thread on the crankcase.

garibaldi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 08:35:38 AM »

It's a 17mm bolt with a huge flange and is on the bottom of the motor, on the opposite side from the drain plug. Can't miss it, it's the only bolt down there.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()