Author Topic: braking ing or just broke  (Read 3415 times)

strecthed super8

• View Profile
braking ing or just broke
« on: September 26, 2014, 05:35:40 PM »
does anyone know what type of power kit to put in my 2014 super 8 2t.....i put one in and i went threw 2 pistons and im bout to put a stick of tnt in it and say the hell with this im getting a 600c but i want some suggestions does anybody have some.... redy to break this damn thing and can i have a break in period for a 70cc bore kit thanks yall deuces stretchin it a lil[/b]

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: braking ing or just broke
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
You are obviously too lean for whatever reason. Jetting? open air filter? new pipe?

Post up what you installed, and I'll try to help as much as I can.

I melted soooooooo many pistons I started cutting my own from whatever I could find.

Did you prepare the new cylinder by chamfering all the sharp edges, and same for the pistons?
How are they going bad? Are they melting over the rings or blowing holes in the domes.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

strecthed super8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 12:03:18 AM »
melting no holes i got the whole setup from moped hospital here in key west they put it on and everything. did a quater throttle break in for about 150mile then it bogged then cut off
i think its the wrong setup for my bike.http://www.mhr-usa.com/images/category_images/thumbnail_14222_c_mhr_powerpack-d.jpg
this is what i think it is at least what i have seen on it and what they told me 70cc bore 19mm carb. and a technigas muffler

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 05:54:56 AM »
The Pict is too small to see what you have for a kit/carb.

M.H. is a respected shop, and I'm sure they used the correct parts... That being said, we still need more info.
Bogged how?
No spark? Fuel? compression?

Have you contacted them? Which weighs more. A pound of bricks or a pound of feathers? (always wanted to know that)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

strecthed super8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 03:49:30 PM »
yeah i live two blocks away some im like a bug in the ear i dont know they say the piston rod is too long now so there gonna put in spacers..... oh and a pound of bricks weigh the same as a pound of feathers both weigh a pound lol but i cant keep spending  cash it damn sure dont grow on trees should they have givin it back if they wernt sure about it this is my daily driver and i need my bike three week now they had it

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 04:14:41 PM »
You are 100% correct. THEY should have known to srt the piston dome clearance or "squish".
That is absolutely part of the installation.
Your connecting rod is NOT too long. Their kit/cylinder is too short. There is no way in Hell you are libel for the cost on repairing it. As a matter of FACT, they should also replace your wrist pin bearings due to them getting slammed into the con rod race.

If this were my bike I would be insisting THEY replace the entire crankshaft/bearings. If you have any failure down the road it is 100% due to a quick/shoddy install.
That being said, They know all this, and will sh** their pants if you bring it up. Their first response will be... "Their is no warranty on performance parts." BUT Their is a warranty on damages caused by a less than adept mechanic in a state registered repair shop. Under their DMV sales/repair certificate they are responsible for damages.
Complaints that are not addressed can result in them loosing their repair Cert. Hit them w/ this, and see " who's rod is too long.

The reason it melted over the rings is they had the compression too high, and it was pre detonating creating heat. The jetting also has to be addressed. Go up at least 2 steps, and perhaps 5 steps on the main jet.

Show them this post if it is easier for you.  Z

Ps... My grammar, and my attitude suck, but I have been working on engines for a living for 40 years. Yours is not the first time this has happened
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 04:18:23 PM by zombie »

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »
If this is your daily driver, don't ever expect to "daily drive" it without knowing how to tune and replace parts, you should have left it stock for that. A tuned bike will always require tuning and replacing broken parts. Sorry for the bad news, just the way it goes with hopped up 50's
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »
B&L is right on that one. If the bike is kitted, you really have to know which end is which.
Joining this forum is a good start.
Grab a bottle, and start reading everything you can in the 50cc threads. It don;t mater what you read, because it's all good.

strecthed super8

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 08:02:11 PM »
i live on a four by two island where thats all we ride and these kids have theres for years before anything happens and there some chinese pos and mine is brand new and cant get 25 miles out of it

strecthed super8

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 08:06:08 PM »
is the 2012 engine the same as the 2014 engine and wil that kit work for it
i mean i cant even go a half block at 1/3 throttle before it went blank so imma keep on reading but i just dont think there doing it right

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 08:21:55 PM »
Same engine... They dropped the ball. Not kymco or you.

You still didn't say which kit. Did M.H. sell it to you or did you supply it?

Reason I ask is the cheap China kits are all over the place as far as tolerances. Some cylinders are too tall, and some too short. Some bored too big, and some too small.
Measuring, and setting tolerances is the entire reason you pay money to a "pro" to do the work.
Any monkey /w a hammer, and a pair of pliers can do a cylinder swap, but a paid mechanic should KNOW better than to do what they did.
I'll put $100.00 on the table, that they did NOT chamfer the ports or piston before installing your kit. That's a death blow right out of the door.

strecthed super8

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 08:27:04 PM »
Send to friend
Power Packs By MHR-USA
Specs:
Save time and money by purchasing the key power producing components in kit form.
Includes T6 70cc Airsal cylinder kit, 19mm Arreche carburetor and Tecnigas RS II chrome exhaust.
All necessary carburetor jets are included.
* Kymco ZX, Hyosung Sense/Prima, Daelim Cordi kits use the Airsal 46mm cylinder kit and Tecnigas Next R exhaust*
this is the kit they put on my bike

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 09:47:41 PM »
There was a member here named Shaka.
Look up his posts on the exact same kit on his ZX.

He had the same issue right out of the box. The jugs are too short. Second problem is they are a Nicasil plated cylinder, and all of these plated cylinders chip. You actually can not chamfer the ports because of this.

I wish you joined here before you bought the kit. Perhaps M.H. will swap the jug for you to a Malossi or Polini.
Dealer cost on those is near 150.00. The Arisol is about 80 bucks. It'll cost you a few $$$ more but either of thos two will last years. The Arisol obviously has no expected life span. 48 hours is old age for them. Sorry Bro.
Just filling in the blanks.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 10:51:08 PM »
A Chinese pos with a properly tuned and instead setup is better than a Taiwan Kymco with a novice shop tuning and installing it. Plus are those qmb 4 strokes? A kitted for stroke has a much better chance of surviving than a 2t kitted. If you're on an island that small ate there actually cops that care about what you ride? Step up to a 125/150cc? There's only so much we can do without having the bike to fondle, zombie woo attest to this.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

strecthed super8

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 11:29:35 PM »
have you been to key west its highly small and naw the cops arent like in cali or ny or evven like central we a laid back island and i didnt want a 150 we got lil scooter "gang" we all go to the only high scool and the only shop everybody goes to is moped hospital and my buddy has the same bike and set just a year older he got with 0 mile same kit and he's had no problem yet and he's pushing 72mph nd he weighs 220lbs but he also went to miami to have his worked on

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()