Author Topic: Windshield Fit  (Read 1442 times)

ddarkone7

• View Profile
Windshield Fit
« on: October 09, 2014, 02:18:22 PM »
Do any have or used a Slipstreamer Windshield on their People S250, I want to know if it will fit before I order one, they are universal and screw in the mirror mounts. I read all the windshield issues with 250s and I know about the one from Columbia Scooters, but I've had success with Slipstreamer on my BV200. Just want to know if the slips.... will fit properly, thanks
Big Texas

TLRam1

• View Profile
Re: Windshield Fit
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 05:41:12 AM »
Never tried one, I have the small aftermarket one and just received the mount kit from abroad for the Givi I bought sometime back.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 03:46:01 PM »
The slip is a poor windshield. Poor hardware and fitment, they rattle and screws get lost. We stopped selling them because so many customers complained off falling off hardware. Puig makes a really nice wind for the people.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

ddarkone7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »
i didn't have a problem with my slip or the hardware and never loosened, I guess I was lucky, but thanks for the response, I will order the one from Columbia scooters
Big Texas

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 05:52:13 AM »
I trimmed the bottom of my Puig to fit the holes and heated it in the oven to shape it somewhat. Works well, I may use the Givi in the colder months and the Puig in the warmer months.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

CoolSoupy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 03:12:34 PM »
I trimmed the bottom of my Puig to fit the holes and heated it in the oven to shape it somewhat. Works well, I may use the Givi in the colder months and the Puig in the warmer months.

I have a GIVI but doesn't seem to fit unless I trim for the D.O.T turn signals?

How did you install?

Thanks;

Cool Soupy San Antonio

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 06:05:24 AM »
How did you trim for your turn signals?

It is just now getting cooler so I will be looking to install the larger Givi shield, I wonder if I could cut-out a spot for the turn signals or hollow out a spot depending on how much they hit/rub.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()