Author Topic: A sneak preview...  (Read 2072 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
A sneak preview...
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:14:36 PM »
I've mentioned my new business venture here, and it is moving ahead at a pretty fair pace. I am building a new genre in sail powered, personal watercraft. Hydrofoils are the main focus.
These boats will literately "fly".

We have bought the domain name(s), and registered the LLC. Now we are in the process of building the web site, and gathering info for starting a forum to help support the hydrofoil community.

The Image you see is a composite rendering made w/ Blender, (free) http://www.blender.org/features/ and Microsoft Paint (with a few D'loaded fonts).
I used a model that is purposefully vague in order to keep the designs under wraps until it is officially released but I have to admit I am amazed at what a free software can produce.

Anyway...
This is a preview of the Web sites main page as created by yours truly.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:35:54 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Re: A sneak preview...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 11:21:38 PM »
Just to show what Blender can do...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 01:40:50 AM »
I like the concept and the rendering looks good. See you on the shark tank.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 02:07:43 AM »
Can't wait for the Shark Tank appearance !
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 02:23:11 AM »
I appreciate that 008.

You won't see me groveling for money tho... I have interest in 10 boats (one buyer) that has come from just the concepts, and word of mouth.
Without getting into the math... That order alone will put this venture on the map.

We intend to launch the "teaser" web site this December, and then the complete web site/forum June, 2015, and fill the first order (10 boats) the same day. We have a few tricks up our sleeve for the next 6 months (to Dec 2015), and a second set of tricks for the following 6. (exclusive marketing deals/exclusive rental fleets).
The intent is to sell a sh** ton of boats (commercial ventures) before sales actually go public in Dec., 2015
Fingers crossed.
Till then it will be sneak peaks/dimensions/performance specs./maybe some merchandising...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:28:45 AM by zombie »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 02:47:50 AM »
Hey, Zomb! What and idea! Ah, you remember the flail about "Auto Shack" and the lawsuit that made them change it to "Auto Zone?" When you make it big with these and are rollin' in the bucks RAYMARINE is gonna come and getcha! They make radars, gps and other stuff for commercial and pleasure boats.

I think your idea and promo is great! Just don't forget all us knuckle-draggers here at the ol' forum when you make it big, OK?

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 02:52:17 AM »
Hey Sis!

You won't see me on Shark Tank but you will see those fools trying to ride these babies in Costa Rica or Barbados.

I have a few close friends that have offered to "step in" w/ some cash... It's not happening. I can build what I want to build, and I can produce a market.

40 years of building boats in all sorts of categories has led me to this. If there is ONE thing above all else I have learned... People that are into water sports have one common thread. If it is cooler than the last thing they bought... Money is no object. They will have the coolest play toy on the water, and nothing including divorce will stop them.

As to the fellas that come up w/ a "helping hand"...They weren't there to help when I was working my fingers raw or when I was covered from head to toe in toxic paints/resins/dust, just so they could spend another 1,000.00 in fuel for the weekend, and ride around aimlessly. I could have used their help then... ,I don't need their help now.

Who knows, maybe tri-foil racing will make it to the Paralympics. Pm me on the Tri-Foil forum, and I'll hook you up w/ some race boats for your crew.  ;)

Ps... It's a go big or go home deal! I've already got world sporting events on the brain. (Zombie/Brain Ha Ha!)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:58:10 AM by zombie »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 04:27:26 AM »
I guess my post to Karl got lost in space. I'll do it again...

My current business name is Max Marine. It has been for 30+ years.
Around 15 years ago I received a letter from a lawyer for Marine Max. They claimed infringement on their name, and "offered" me the opportunity to change my business name or face 75,000.00' in damages plus whatever.

I replied the company name I use is in ENGLISH, and it was available, and registered to me as a tax paying citizen of these United States. I berated them for believing they own the alphabet, and every combination of letters it contains.

I also explained that my Grandfather went by the nick name Big Mac (that's why I feel kindred to Big Mac here (AMAC/Be big)) Anyway my company is a play on words Max (Macs) marine, in homage to my grandfather.
I'll be Hell damned, and long dead before someone/anyone can call me out on the alphabet, and MY preference as to how I use it.
New York Baby. All day!

This new business name is another play on words or combination of words. Ray is from Manta Ray (which is a big part of the concept/incorporated into the company logo), and Tri Maran as in tri hull boat design. RayMaran
If anyone ( RayMarine ) wants to claim I am attempting to "piggyback" on another name... It's best if they understand for themselves. We all pull up our britches, and have to step out of the house from time to time. Unless you can PROVE in court that you own all the letters, and combos there of... we are on my terms, and I love long walks.

I know you all know me well enough to realize what I do/say here is what I am. Everything I do is to try to help anyone that asks. I'll never turn my back. I just get over the top upset w/ crap like that.

I'm real easy to get ahold of. My email is listed here. Long live the knuckle draggers!

Ps... That "letter" from Marine Max? I never heard from them again.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:41:17 AM by zombie »

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 06:15:22 AM »
Hey Sis!

You won't see me on Shark Tank but you will see those fools trying to ride these babies in Costa Rica or Barbados.

I have a few close friends that have offered to "step in" w/ some cash... It's not happening. I can build what I want to build, and I can produce a market.

40 years of building boats in all sorts of categories has led me to this. If there is ONE thing above all else I have learned... People that are into water sports have one common thread. If it is cooler than the last thing they bought... Money is no object. They will have the coolest play toy on the water, and nothing including divorce will stop them.

As to the fellas that come up w/ a "helping hand"...They weren't there to help when I was working my fingers raw or when I was covered from head to toe in toxic paints/resins/dust, just so they could spend another 1,000.00 in fuel for the weekend, and ride around aimlessly. I could have used their help then... ,I don't need their help now.

Who knows, maybe tri-foil racing will make it to the Paralympics. Pm me on the Tri-Foil forum, and I'll hook you up w/ some race boats for your crew.  ;)

Ps... It's a go big or go home deal! I've already got world sporting events on the brain. (Zombie/Brain Ha Ha!)

Here's hoping it's "Go Big" for you , Bro !

I have faith that you will do well . Sell some to Hinckley(Yachts) so you can get to Maine...I'll spring for the Lobster and clams !

Rooting for your sucess !!

Your Sister from another Mister  8)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 07:14:40 AM »
You're very dear to me Sis, and I appreciate your good will.
 I always run off straight into the middle of things, and this is no exception. The redeeming quality I have is I always get done what i set out to do. Once I am twisting the throttle there is no slowing down till the task at hand is completed.

Hinkley wasn't on my list yet but actually... What company wouldn't pay thru the teeth for a custom built one off advertising gig.
Build one for Petrone, and have a release party. Build one for Sandals resort, and have a release party. Build one for Jesica Alba, and have a ....

I see lots of parties, and LOADS of the best food ever... Maine Lobster.  My treat of course. (I'm already spending it)

I keep thinking of the American Chopper crew. One guy built One bike, and everything in their worlds changed forever.

I've already put out the feelers... Who do I know that knows the guy that knows THE guy.
Our first order is one of my  customers, friends. You never know just exactly, who you might know.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 08:39:58 AM »
You're very dear to me Sis, and I appreciate your good will.
 I always run off straight into the middle of things, and this is no exception. The redeeming quality I have is I always get done what i set out to do. Once I am twisting the throttle there is no slowing down till the task at hand is completed.

Hinkley wasn't on my list yet but actually... What company wouldn't pay thru the teeth for a custom built one off advertising gig.
Build one for Petrone, and have a release party. Build one for Sandals resort, and have a release party. Build one for Jesica Alba, and have a ....

I see lots of parties, and LOADS of the best food ever... Maine Lobster.  My treat of course. (I'm already spending it)

I keep thinking of the American Chopper crew. One guy built One bike, and everything in their worlds changed forever.

I've already put out the feelers... Who do I know that knows the guy that knows THE guy.
Our first order is one of my  customers, friends. You never know just exactly, who you might know.

Thanks for the sweet compliment  :)

I'm sure that that "One" you build will lead to the person who knows the person who knows... The Guy.

I'm sure you have a great path in front of you...may it stay clear and free of obstacles. Fair wind and following seas !

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 12:02:27 PM »
Dam I like this stuff.  Where is the like button ?

Good work, I'm sure your using some good CADD/CAM software to make the foils as streamlined as possible. Looks real adventurous with a good payoff and no union to deal with cause you did it yourself.

Max = maximum or common name

Marine= water

One can't tell others they cant use common names in their businesses. Those words are too descriptive to get a good trademark protection on. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:04:41 PM by Chris0381 »
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 02:20:15 PM »
Best wishes for your venture!

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 05:38:14 PM »
You don't always go on "Shark tank" for the money, you can also go for the esposure! Nothing like free advertising.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 09:33:42 PM »
I like it about Marine Max! You just keep on keepin' on, Zomb! Just send up the balloon if you ever need any kneecaps modified.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()