Author Topic: Fuel guage works occasionally  (Read 2346 times)

Dave F

• View Profile
Fuel guage works occasionally
« on: October 16, 2009, 02:18:18 AM »
My fuel guage sometimes goes to E for a few miles, then randomly goes back to normal. Been doing this off and on for a few months.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Fuel guage works occasionally
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 03:03:31 AM »
The sending unit in the fuel tank is probably either getting stuck, or malfunctioning.  You can probably take a metal rod or cloths hanger and move the float arm up and down through the main fill point and make sure it is moving freely.  I have had to poke at mine before to free it up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 05:57:48 AM »
Prob. just a worn sender. You can try pulling all the plugs on the harness, and spraying silicone into the contacts.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

monasmah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 12:44:08 AM »
my also same problem, i'm bought just 1 week. first day when i fill gas. fuel guage not respone so i bring back to motor shop where i bought. after fuel guage touch. it working. sometime working, sometime not working. any idea? to solve this problem?

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 09:59:05 AM »
My fuel guage sometimes goes to E for a few miles, then randomly goes back to normal. Been doing this off and on for a few months.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Worn contacts of the sensor in the tank. Just bought it from scooterpartsmania.
8 US$ including shipping.
Kymco part is 55 US$ here!
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

jmccoach

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »
the fuel sending unit was my problem. I took it in before the two year warranty was up only to find out the electronics are only covered for 1 1/2 years?  ::)  Not covered by warranty!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()