Author Topic: looking for winter gear.  (Read 1015 times)

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
looking for winter gear.
« on: November 02, 2014, 04:19:50 PM »
Ok I have ridden through 2 winters now and am willing to prepare better this year. I am looking for a good winter jumpsuit or overalls that will keep the wind out and keep me warm. Do any of you have any recomendations? I do not want to spend hundreds of dollars if at all possible and armor isnt a must.

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: looking for winter gear.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 05:17:32 PM »

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 05:55:36 PM »
I had a First Gear full jumpsuit, worked great and msrp is under $200. Worked good for two years, broke my back and out grew it a little haha. The full suit is by far the way to go, no gaps between layers keeps that wind chill wayyy down.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
cold weather gear
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 12:40:33 AM »
Rothco snow suit. Used by some branches of the US military.

Ordered mine from Patriot Surplus $72. to my door last year.

Has extended my riding season by at least two months. I use the suit, gauntlets, boots, neck wrap, and head cover under helmet.
It is not a high dollar gortex suit but, i'm happy with mine.
Warm and soft but could use more pockets.
O yah, order to size.
I wear XL. That is what I ordered and it fit. A little long in the crotch but, that is ok with me. It is comfortable from crotch to shoulders.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:54:18 AM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

ts1

• View Profile
Re: cold weather gear
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:48:11 AM »
I use (big) raincoats over the protective gear. Protect from wind and humidity, easy to add or remove during the trip. In Europe, a set about $25-30 for cloak, trouser, mitten and gaitor.
And long underwear.

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 01:21:48 AM »
Picked up a jumpsuit and so far it's warm.  The sleeves let a bit of air in at the end though. It wasn't bad since I was so warm inside.  I haven't tried it on the highway yet though. It's Walls brand

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()