Author Topic: spark plug question about iridium CR7HIX for agility 125  (Read 3171 times)

bluescoot125

• View Profile
spark plug question about iridium CR7HIX for agility 125
« on: November 08, 2014, 08:12:02 PM »
I want to get an iridium plug for my scoot. I saw somewhere on here someone said that the CR7HIX was a Iridium replacement for the stock CR7HSA. but I looked on amazon and they had a fit checker and it said it doesn't fit the agility 125. anyone know or know where I can get some solid info on this I don't want to put a plug that is too hot in my scooter or that would be less effective than the one I have.

Vision

• View Profile
Re: spark plug question about iridium CR7HIX for agility 125
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »
The amazon thing is wrong. Email the manufacturer if you like. You have the solid info.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 06:47:54 PM »
CR7HSA
C: Plug thread size
R: Resistor type plug
7: Heat rating
The last bit is just material of the electrode and it says "special design". The number is the heat rating and as long as you get cr7hix it'll be correct. The hix means iridium.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

bluescoot125

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 12:13:57 PM »
CR7HSA
C: Plug thread size
R: Resistor type plug
7: Heat rating
The last bit is just material of the electrode and it says "special design". The number is the heat rating and as long as you get cr7hix it'll be correct. The hix means iridium.
Ok thanks. Just wanted to double check

csor.zola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 08:58:45 AM »
If you want it to be iridium the correct on is the cr7hix. I use this in my agility. Fits perfectly no worries.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 07:26:42 AM »
Thanks for the info about the correct Iridum plugs, Iridium plugs are the way to go. It normally outlasts the lifespan of normal spark plugs at least 10 times.
My previous bike was a Honda NC 700. Those bikes come with Iridium plugs. I bought the bike new and at about 40 000 km I thought I should change the plugs without inspecting it in advance.
So I bought new plugs and then removed the old plugs. When I compared the old plugs with the new ones, I coulnt find any wear on the old plugs. The old plugs still looked clean and brand new.
So I just put the old plugs back in place, and carried on riding with it untill I sold the bike at just more than 78 000 km. I sold the bike privately and gave the new plugs to the new owner as a gift.

Just dont fiddle with spark plug gap on Iridium plugs. Those things are very sensitive and come with correct gap settings. The electodes do not burn away. The plugs will easily outlast the lifespan of the scooter’s engine.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:29:15 AM by scooterfan »
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 05:50:29 PM »
Just go on the NGK website, There is a catalogue of all bike and scooters.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 06:24:50 PM »
And, in case you've heard that "since the Iridium is a hotter spark plug - you'll need to go with a cooler heat range" :

I emailed NGK  - and NGK said, "No, you use the same number heat range."

(NGK & Denso - have already figured this into the numbering system)

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()