Author Topic: Changing the gear oil  (Read 6983 times)

heypete

• View Profile
Re: Changing the gear oil
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 05:27:36 PM »
Thats hard to say... Empty sucks (obvious reasons) and overfull tends to make a mess in all sorts of places you don't want a mess. A FEW ml more or less won't hurt though. I always fill mine to the overflow bolt. (never measured it)

Indeed. I do the same, but the angle of the overflow bolt in my parking lot is different from the angle of the overflow bolt when operating. The joys of slopes. :)

I think I'll go check the level at the gas station forecourt, as that should be a lot more level than the parking lot of my apartment complex.

scooterman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 02:12:15 AM »
So i filled it to it over flowed then i take it for a ride ,then i open it and nothing came out so i filled it some more then rode it again then add some more now when i open it fluid come out . should i let it all come out then plug it back up. or do you think it is good.
how much should i be putting in
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:17:09 AM by scooterman »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 03:41:12 AM »
The manual for your scoot. or your dealer will have exact amount. I use Surf Canyon to find things like the manuals. There are lots of dead ends looking for them. Surf canyon has a Bullseye that will shorten the search through some 100 pages to get you where you want to go. The only draw back is it will NOT work w/ Opera.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 05:22:35 AM »
on ps250 you should put in the amount stamped on the case - do not do what the owner's manual says.  I bought a horse syringe which makes it easy to measure the amount and get in the dinky hole.  .23L on my 2009 ps250 (might be a 2007 for all I know!)

:)>>

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 09:23:22 PM »
on ps250 you should put in the amount stamped on the case - do not do what the owner's manual says.  I bought a horse syringe which makes it easy to measure the amount and get in the dinky hole.  .23L on my 2009 ps250 (might be a 2007 for all I know!)

I second that.  I have heard one guide says the same as that stamped into the case and the other says to fill it to the bottom of the hole.  I read one forum where the technical rep for Kymco said to measure and use that amount.  He said the bottom of the hole method adds too much  (by two times) oil and that too much oil in the rear end is bad for the gears.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()