Author Topic: Darksiding the Xciting  (Read 20362 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Darksiding the Xciting
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2014, 11:25:48 PM »
Just to add 2 cents... It is a Radial tire, and therefore made to allow deflection of the interface between the sidewall, and the tread.In essence becoming a round footprint on the edge that is in contact.

Some PSI adjustments may have to be made to optimize this effect but it is built into the tire.
You could never make a claim of improved handling or even similar handling w/ a Bias ply tire. THEY stay square.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

htcneil2

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2014, 06:14:27 AM »
Help me understand this....please.
You seem to be saying that your scooter handles (corners?) so much better with that trailer tire mounted compared to the purpose-made scooter tire that it now feels like a new and improved scooter?!?
Maybe I'm missing something here. I can possibly imagine better mileage....but better handling?
Stig

I never said it handled better. Lets be real, the Xciting handles like a pig with a pirelli diablo. No real lean angle can be made without scraping hard parts.

I never said it was better, but it is different. Like its a new bike. Which i like. I do know that slow turns it turns in easier and i am more confident and am taking sharper u turns for sure. I can feel the front tire turn in easier probably becuase of the shape of the rear tire. In sweepers i can still take the same sweepers i usually do and it scrapes hard parts still.

Just cause it handles like a pig doesnt mean i dont love my kymco. Its been quite reliable after almost 60000 miles and to me is still pretty to look at. It does commuting in Houston and i dig it.

Would i take it to the twisted sisters and run hard, no, but itll do well getting me there to enjoy the ride.

I think its bad ass im the first to go Darkside. Shouldve done it sooner.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2014, 06:00:47 PM »
So...The question remains:  Will it indeed last many more miles than a regular scooter tire ?  We are hoping you will keep updating this.  Because all aside,  I think it looks neat.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2014, 07:15:14 PM »
Can the bike stand upright without anyone on it now?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2014, 11:34:25 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   :-*
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2014, 01:07:22 PM »
Is the tire taller or shorter than the stock 150/70-14 tire? I would not like to be running at higher RPM's on the frwy than I am now! Yes I have taken off my rear tire several times in my 55,000 plus miles. Not hard to do, but time consuming. Top shock bolt is the hardest part to do. When putting tire back on, replace top shock bolt first. Then you can use a long wrench or screw driver to lift rear tire to get hole lined up so bolt will slide right right in.    :-*
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 01:29:59 PM by sissy mary »

htcneil2

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2014, 07:39:58 PM »
Is the tire taller or shorter than the stock 150/70-14 tire? I would not like to be running at higher RPM's on the frwy than I am now! Yes I have taken off my rear tire several times in my 55,000 plus miles. Not hard to do, but time consuming. Top shock bolt is the hardest part to do. When putting tire back on, replace top shock bolt first. Then you can use a long wrench or screw driver to lift rear tire to get hole lined up so bolt will slide right right in.    :-*

Let me know what speeds u would like me to check at.

Im all stock

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2014, 02:32:48 PM »
55&65 please. :-*

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2014, 08:47:14 PM »
That's not really a valid question or response (when it comes).

We all know the gauges vary. 10% is the accepted norm.
Try looking up the tire at the Manuf. sites to compare the rolling rate over a mile. That will give a precise answer.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »
If the tire is shorter/smaller, it will spin faster and raise RPM. And an increased RPM means less gas mileage. Not what I want. Sure wish someone made 32-33 gram roller weights?:-*

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2014, 10:40:53 PM »
You can make them up yourself... Scratch up the interior w/ some 80 gritt sand paper, and add JB Weld to up the gram-ige.

htcneil2

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2014, 05:00:41 PM »
55&65 please. :-*

Using GPS

55mph= 5.2rpm
65mph= 6.2rpm

Speedo indicated it was 60mph and 71mph

htcneil2

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2014, 05:01:22 PM »
Can the bike stand upright without anyone on it now?

No it cant. The tire is actually a bit rounded.

htcneil2

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2014, 05:03:09 PM »
If the tire is shorter/smaller, it will spin faster and raise RPM. And an increased RPM means less gas mileage. Not what I want. Sure wish someone made 32-33 gram roller weights?:-*

I think the miles will more than make up for it.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2014, 11:50:31 AM »
Thanks HT. Keep us up to date with regular post. :-*

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()