Author Topic: cannot ride, might as well post  (Read 6043 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: cannot ride, might as well post
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 04:28:51 AM »
-30/-40??  We need to install a wall up there. It's making the rest of us cold.

I don't know how you can deal w/ that. 50* is the coldest I can bear. Beyond that everything comes to a stand still for me. Like the air froze solid. I know... I'm a train wreck.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 02:01:13 PM »
Don't you like the sensation of the breeze in your hair and your nostrils freezing shut when you first go outside ?

0 to -13 out today. Not quite as much breeze ...think I'll sit on the deck for a Margarita ! ;D
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 11:32:30 PM »
Flip flops, and a sun dress no doubt... Hardcore Yankee to the bone.

I slept w/ 700 pounds of dogs last night. Even for them the "pack competition" ends at 40*.
I have an outside pack, and an inside pack. They can NEVER cross paths unless they have a common enemy... cold! There is the occasional showing of teeth when one gets to bossy looking for a spot but I growl louder than all of them. Daddy Rules!

I just realized why I am mostly single...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »
I'm a "Rounder" meaning I ride all year long.....of course living in Florida helps.  :P
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 02:30:47 PM »
I like to ride all year if I can.but this year its not the snow and ice stoping me its the cold its been 6  or below out.and I have been sick the past few weeks because of it.this realy sucks.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 02:36:52 PM »
Z keeps bragging about warm weather I'm gonna pass the hat to fedex his butt up north to be with the eskimo's. See what he says then.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 03:01:51 PM »
Z keeps bragging about warm weather I'm gonna pass the hat to fedex his butt up north to be with the eskimo's. See what he says then.

I'll kick in some funds for that !! 

Send him to Maine , so he can see his daughter , and I can put him up in my dogs' house ...or in the shed with my bike .

Love ya , Z-Man !! :-*
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

bucray

• forever young
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 03:04:59 PM »
It's all relative

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 03:24:26 PM »
I was told today by a coworker that saw me pull in on my scoot last night that he has hardcore biker friends that wouldn't even ride in the conditions I've been riding in.  Like the USPS,  rain, sleet, and snow.  And usually slow. 
He says he's gonna brag about me to them ha ha.
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 11:20:18 PM »
I get the same down here. Not many people use a scooter for Primary transport. Never mind in less than perfect weather.

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 04:06:46 AM »
Took up the offer of a ride to my daughters gymnastics thing tonight.  The wind is what really deterred me 
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 03:42:32 PM »
28 degrees right now !!!!!! Holly SHEEEEETTTTTT!

I have No idea how you guys bear this kind of cold. I'm sitting on the couch w/ 3 dogs, and still my blood is ice cold.

It's gonna be a FireBall Whiskey night... See you guys on the down slide!

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »
28 degrees right now !!!!!! Holly SHEEEEETTTTTT!

I have No idea how you guys bear this kind of cold. I'm sitting on the couch w/ 3 dogs, and still my blood is ice cold.

It's gonna be a FireBall Whiskey night... See you guys on the down slide!

Man , how do you tolerate all that heat ? More than twice as warmas it is here ...at least we still have the nice breeze .

Me... I like a little chill to the air . Reminds me of when I lived in Area Code 906 ! Maine's got nothing on that !

Thinking I may go try and get some fresh Brookies and skate a bit...Sunny out there, gonna need sunglasses on the ice .   8)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 05:25:02 PM »
I used to live for the cold when I was ski'ing but now... Not so much.
In fact those 20* or less days were the best. The snow would be frozen hard as ice, and all the weekend warrior skiers would stay home. I'd usually have the mountain to myself, and could run as fast as my ski's could go.

Hunter mountain in NY was my favorite for those frozen days. It is a small mountain, and I could take a five minute run in about a minute and a half. Actually I'd still like to give it a go... I think I'll bring my own Morphine just in case. ;)

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 06:47:07 PM »
Mountains in NY? Bwahahahaha, you sure you don't mean termite mounds?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()