Author Topic: cannot ride, might as well post  (Read 6034 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: cannot ride, might as well post
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »
LOL... Yeah... They call it Hunter Mountain but you're right.

Thing is it was close enough to home (2 hrs.) that I could just run up there, and spend the day hurting myself.
Killington Vt. was about twice a month but Hunter was 3 days a week.

During the summer is was Mohonk Mount. for climbing,
and the abandoned Granite caves in Ellenville for general mayhem. There are miles of caves you can drive a dump truck thru. In fact many of the diesel fans (ventilation) are still in there. The propellers they used are approx. 12 feet in diameter, and made of wood. I always wanted one...

They sealed the mountain w/ concrete but lots of areas have caved in so there are plenty of openings to repel into.
I knew one fella that died in there. He was free diving, (miles of tunnels were flooded, and crystal clear) and never came back out. The place sort of lost it's charm after that.

http://www.americangeode.com/blog/ellenville-new-york-quartz-pyrite-abandoned-mine-site/

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:06:08 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

atxscooterguy

• Two Wheels is Better than Four
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2015, 03:08:10 PM »
Only 32 degrees here in Austin, TX. Can't wait for it to warm up just a bit so I can enjoy my new Kymco Like 200i! Proud new owner as of yesterday, got a pretty good deal after the armed forces discount they're having right now, $2,099 + TTL out the door! :)  Anyone here around Austin? Great little forum here!
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 03:30:19 PM »
I'm not in Austin but I'd like to say, Welcome to the forum, and Thanks for your service. I really believe that war should be fought over here... but that's in another thread ;)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()